Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-12-2022, 09:16 AM   #91
SONICobra
Batman

would have loved if they made han and that base available as a seperate stand alone piece as well
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:28 AM   #92
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Preordered it day one
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:32 AM   #93
bObA_fEtt_Ox
Hydra

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
Preordered it day one
Now waiting for the Boba fett bust
bObA_fEtt_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:18 AM   #94
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
would have loved if they made han and that base available as a seperate stand alone piece as well
Well I can tell you why they didn’t..how would they sell it separately if it’s floating?

And if it wasn’t floating and it was secure to the base from the get go (like I said it should have before) this piece would be sold out already cause Boba would not be leaning on a floating Han.

But agreed I would not have minded a Stand alone Han.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:22 AM   #95
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
From Matt Black, the sculptor of this piece:

"When designing a statue I will always do a photo shoot in which I get into the pose or explore poses I would like to see. I also get into the pose many times in the sculpting process to feel/understand the body mechanics.
What’s amazing is that. Att had that so called Bad A$$ look he was going for when Han was on the floor. So why didn’t he stop there. Or even put Han up a bit on a step. We didn’t need Han Floating.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:34 AM   #96
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Well I can tell you why they didn?t..how would they sell it separately if it?s floating?
obviously it would need to be reworked a little but im pretty sure when han was sculpted it was done completely before boba was keyed to it. they take that sculpt and key it to the base that is also already sculpted and produce. not that far from producing a variant with minor changes and they get to get even more revenue from an already existing sculpt
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:43 PM   #97
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I almost guarantee you would fall backwards. The physics is all wrong on this one
Aside from the fact that you're talking about a fictional technology (repulsorlift tech) in a fictional galaxy where the physics are clearly different from ours (i.e. sound in space), the carbonite slab was moved around horizontally, so if the imperials who were pushing it through the halls of Bespin were to stop and sit on top of the slab it would likely support their weight, just like Luke's desert speeder supported his weight when he jumped in it and rode off. Since the carbonite slab is in this vertical position, it actually makes sense that Boba could lean on it and have his weight supported like so.

But hey, just a thought
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 01:07 PM   #98
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
This looks so bad. I would love someone at ssc do that exact pose without falling over. What a waste of! If people think that looks great needs to get their eyes checked.

Quote:
Who would lean like that? If the Carbonite was a floating piece, it will move if you touch it. In the movie, it moved easily. Boba would be falling backwards especially with the weight of his jet pack. If you put a 50lb back pack on you (assuming that?s what I?m the jet pack would weigh), lean backward with the leg position like that; I almost guarantee you would fall backwards. The physics is all wrong on this one and Matt missed the mark on this one. JMHO.
I think it's quite clear how it's not only possible, but probable that someone leans like that as obviously the below post indicates from the artist himself. Haven't you ever leaned into a wall before?

I also think you are missing some of the imagination needed for this piece. Can't you imagine that the the carbonite chamber has some sort of magnetic hold on the piece which locks him into place, if desired? If you can believe in the carbonite freezing system, surely you can believe in it's suspension capabilities too as we already know it can float when he's horizontal so why not vertical as well? And if it can float with that weight, surely it can hold a couple hundred pounds more of weight without giving in to gravity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
From Matt Black, the sculptor of this piece:

"When designing a statue I will always do a photo shoot in which I get into the pose or explore poses I would like to see. I also get into the pose many times in the sculpting process to feel/understand the body mechanics.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 01:21 PM   #99
darren1228
Zot

Explain it how you want. The lean does not look badass to a lot of us. Great that you like it some of us just disagree.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 02:52 PM   #100
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

Definitely to each their own since this appears to be a polarizing one, but I agree that Boba could lean against this no problem with the reasonable logic the levitation function could lock.

Also surprised people don't see this pose as being slightly badass. To me it says: "I bagged this nobody on a slow Tuesday morning, no sweat. Just waiting on my credits."

IMO it's not even in the same ballpark as the cringe of the Mando PF's sashay down the catwalk.

If you PO'd Mando and have issues with the attitude in this pose, I'm not sure what to tell you about your definition of badass.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote