Old 12-23-2022, 10:07 PM   #1
Shoo
Hercules

Prime 1: Alien vs. Predator - Celtic Predator 1/3

Let's give each Pred his own thread.

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 10:21 PM   #2
Goonsack Steve
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Wish they just did a $6K ultimate edition that came with the accessories to make Scar and Chopper. Going to be $12K+ for the trio easy as separate statues
Goonsack Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 10:57 PM   #3
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Love the Celtic Predator but not liking this strut pose at all
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 01:04 AM   #4
azurepred
Zot

I like Celtic the best, but look how simple this looks compared to the JH. This should be an $1800 statue tops with one head.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 03:12 AM   #5
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I like Celtic the best, but look how simple this looks compared to the JH. This should be an $1800 statue tops with one head.
I hope it comes in that low.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 04:55 AM   #6
Blade3327
Nightwing

I think the more battle-ready stances of Scar and Chopper make them look a bit squat with all that body mass.

Celtic standing more upright gives him the right balance of power and grace. His body language here is more evocative of the movie than what the other two are doing.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 01:24 PM   #7
Python
Omega Red

Celtic is easily my favourite of the AVP preds, but I'm not sure I'm feeling this one. They definitely missed a trick with no snow bases, that would have added visual interest, this is just more skulls and bones... Yawn. I'd still like to see more....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 12:27 PM   #8
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
Love the Celtic Predator but not liking this strut pose at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Celtic is easily my favourite of the AVP preds, but I'm not sure I'm feeling this one. They definitely missed a trick with no snow bases, that would have added visual interest, this is just more skulls and bones... Yawn. I'd still like to see more....

Good to see, this forum has normal response/opinions and think alike.. not straight into kiddies screaming OHH & Wows & wicked, best ever predator line! etc. LoL..

I watched the Pred part in this 'LevelX Part Two' three times (without sound/0.5speed/and sound) was bit surprised these statues do very little to almost nothing for me (and i liked the movie).
T.b.h. in this plain stance and ugly body colors these statues really just look 1/6 figures blown up in large scale.
And when you make combination with high price point i'm not considering these and re-think it is really pity the P2 City hunter has not the right price-quality factor atm. Big chance 1/3 JH will become standalone centerpiece.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2022, 11:49 PM   #9
Hutch0o
Birdman

Celtics bio mask is the most intimidating in the franchise sad they didn't even see him become blooded
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 02:26 AM   #10
Blade3327
Nightwing

They oversized the netting on these which I think makes them look a bit toyish. Same netting as the JH would've been perfect, not to mention more accurate.

I'm not crazy about how they painted the skulls on these either. This particular set of Predator statues would feel better in 1/4. And the color schemes are simple enough that Prime 1 should be able to handle them in a smaller size.

At 1/3 (or 1/2.5), you really have to be discerning and so far, the JH has the strongest execution from concept to finish.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote