Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-28-2022, 02:39 AM   #11
azurepred
Zot

The netting doesn't bother me too much, but the paint app is definitely too glossy on the skin. I honestly hope this is above a $2k piece because I won't even consider it if that's the case.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 07:35 AM   #12
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
The netting doesn't bother me too much, but the paint app is definitely too glossy on the skin. I honestly hope this is above a $2k piece because I won't even consider it if that's the case.
I thought the same thing. It almost looks like a gigantic plastic action figure. Even the way the arms are matchingly posed double fisted, looks like an action figure in the packaging clamshell. They need to fix the paint work on the skin.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2022, 11:09 PM   #13
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I thought the same thing. It almost looks like a gigantic plastic action figure. Even the way the arms are matchingly posed double fisted, looks like an action figure in the packaging clamshell. They need to fix the paint work on the skin.
apparently, the Prime owner said they will not be altering the paint work on these. It's odd how Scar doesn't have the same gloss, so maybe it's just the photo?
Old 01-09-2023, 03:00 PM   #14
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I agree about these guys just looking like random scaled up action figures. To me, these designs will always just look like bodybuilders in costumes. They just don't evoke the fluidity, grace, and yet utter deadliness of KPH.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 12:16 PM   #15
Blade3327
Nightwing

New pics:

Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 01:40 PM   #16
azurepred
Zot

I guess I'm being a negative Nancy or my expectations continue to rise when it comes to $3k collectibles. It could also be the harsh lighting, but man, these look dreadful. I think the sales on these 3 could ultimately kill the line. If they were 1/4 scale, they could probably do well enough.
Old 06-26-2023, 11:08 AM   #17
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I guess I'm being a negative Nancy or my expectations continue to rise when it comes to $3k collectibles. It could also be the harsh lighting, but man, these look dreadful. I think the sales on these 3 could ultimately kill the line. If they were 1/4 scale, they could probably do well enough.
The Office lighting isnt doing these guys any favors. I think Celtic Looks great. But seeing them at this scale,
This level of detail in this bright office lighting their lousy design is brutally exposed.
The SHOGUN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 11:56 AM   #18
Blade3327
Nightwing

Still think they should've made one DX statue with all the helmets/removable armor pieces as switch-outs. I don't see many people jumping on all three of these (or even one of them, really), plus Chopper and Scar have practically the same pose.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 03:23 PM   #19
Mr Collectible
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

They should've made these 1/4. Would've had more chance of selling all 3. I agree, the lighting is doing them more harm than good. I really want Scar, but I'm dreading the price tag, shipping and inport tax/customs.
Mr Collectible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 04:24 PM   #20
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Collectible View Post
They should've made these 1/4. Would've had more chance of selling all 3. I agree, the lighting is doing them more harm than good. I really want Scar, but I'm dreading the price tag, shipping and inport tax/customs.
1/3 is fine, but they aren't actually 1/3 is the problem. They should be $500 less and real 1/3. Then make some in 1/2 for people that want "presence".
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote