Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-19-2024, 02:56 AM   #21
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Don't worry - I didn't take it bad. And you're right - it's definitely in their favor.

When the shipping charges more than doubled, the offer was to cancel with a deposit refund or put them on hold. I know their customer service was sketchy, but I never thought they'd do something like this. This is the type of stuff that I expect from an eBay seller, not a large company.
Do you use a gmail email?

I have had their confirmation notice totally go to Spam. If I hadn't looked at Spam for something else entirely I too would have missed the deadline and had my order cancelled.

From their point of view they did offer to place the order on hold or get a refund then. How long were the statues on hold? Nobody knew what would happen with shipping. They did offer an extension and they either want to keep the deposit or make the sale which then they will give you the deposits back?

So you say you still wanted both the statues at the current shipping so you can still get that one along with the deposit back if you order anew which would put them even with you on that one?

Going on the waitlists sucks but I don't think they are exactly First come fist serve with their waitlists.
So for the other statue if you place a new waitlist order they will still refund your deposit?

I mean if I'm reading all this right it sounds kinda fair to me? They offered deposit refunds you opted to place them on hold for likely a while. Somehow through miscommunication the orders got cancelled but now if you will reorder you get both deposits back? So at worse you will be out no money but only potentially missing out on a statue order? (assuming you could cancel the wiatlist statue after your deposit refund was processed for the previous order)
If I read this right that is what I would do and does not sound too bad to me. The disappointment of missing out on a statue gets people in bad situations in this hobby.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 02:59 AM   #22
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
And that is one of the reasons I never order direct from P1.
How long were these order s on hold? Didn't they start this like late 2021 and basically most of 2020 was a free hold anyway from delays in there own operations due to Covid?
I mean if they've been holding orders 6 months to a year and shipping is obviously not much improving they can't be expected to just sit it out and hope any longer.
Old 01-19-2024, 03:07 AM   #23
qz33
Doctor Doom

This is what it says in the address confirmation emails:

SHIPPING ADDRESS CONFIRMATION
Before we ship your order, we require to confirm your shipping address!

Your Order
Order Date:

Check My Account to verify your Order and Address.

SHIPPING ADDRESS

Before we ship your order, we would like to confirm your shipping address.
If your shipping address and the telephone number are correct, please click the Confirm address button via My Account or the Click here to confirm in this email.

If your address is not correct or you would like to change any details, please contact us via Contact Form.

If you do not confirm your shipping address or contact us regarding the address change within 3 weeks, your order will be canceled following our cancellation policy.

We will start to prepare the shipment after your address is confirmed.

If you have any questions, please contact us at the Contact Form.
Old 01-19-2024, 03:34 AM   #24
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Do you use a gmail email?

I have had their confirmation notice totally go to Spam. If I hadn't looked at Spam for something else entirely I too would have missed the deadline and had my order cancelled.

From their point of view they did offer to place the order on hold or get a refund then. How long were the statues on hold? Nobody knew what would happen with shipping. They did offer an extension and they either want to keep the deposit or make the sale which then they will give you the deposits back?

So you say you still wanted both the statues at the current shipping so you can still get that one along with the deposit back if you order anew which would put them even with you on that one?

Going on the waitlists sucks but I don't think they are exactly First come fist serve with their waitlists.
So for the other statue if you place a new waitlist order they will still refund your deposit?

I mean if I'm reading all this right it sounds kinda fair to me? They offered deposit refunds you opted to place them on hold for likely a while. Somehow through miscommunication the orders got cancelled but now if you will reorder you get both deposits back? So at worse you will be out no money but only potentially missing out on a statue order? (assuming you could cancel the wiatlist statue after your deposit refund was processed for the previous order)
If I read this right that is what I would do and does not sound too bad to me. The disappointment of missing out on a statue gets people in bad situations in this hobby.
So, they didn't send the automated confirmation email. They put it in the email conversation I was having with customer service - which I responded to - but like most of their responses, they give generic replies.

Admittedly, they were on hold for longer than I would've liked. I would check shipping every 3 months or so and as we all know, it just got worse.

So technically, if I go on the waitlist for the one and buy the other, I will get the deposits back (though I'm not sure if I should really trust them at this point). That said, for the one that is in stock, the shipping will increase almost $250. Mind you, this same statue was on sale during the winter, and it literally was cheaper than what I'm paying. Their first response email after the cancellation was "sorry, you'll need to pay more now for shipping".

I would normally have no issue reordering, but the way they're acting is just bs. They cancelled the orders, tell me that I'll need to pay more for both (and I probably won't get the second), and then hold the deposits hostage so that I'll spend money with them after they've screwed me over. Like who in their right mind would continue being their customer after that? Do they really think that is a good way to run a business?
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 03:42 AM   #25
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
How long were these order s on hold? Didn't they start this like late 2021 and basically most of 2020 was a free hold anyway from delays in there own operations due to Covid?
I mean if they've been holding orders 6 months to a year and shipping is obviously not much improving they can't be expected to just sit it out and hope any longer.

Yes, and they sent an email in December stating that they will no longer hold the orders - which is fine. I get that they are having financial issues with the economy. I started a conversation with customer service and everything was supposedly worked out. Then, right before they are suppose to charge me, they cancel the orders. They are trying to say they didn't get the response, but I have the thread saved and it shows the response email. They just missed it like most of their subpar support since there were probably too many words in the email for them to be bothered reading.

It blows my mind that they are trying to squeeze out every single cent, when originally the two orders totaled almost $3500. I just don't get the thought process; maybe there isn't one.
Old 01-19-2024, 03:46 AM   #26
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
This is what it says in the address confirmation emails:

SHIPPING ADDRESS CONFIRMATION
Before we ship your order, we require to confirm your shipping address!

Your Order
Order Date:

Check My Account to verify your Order and Address.

SHIPPING ADDRESS

Before we ship your order, we would like to confirm your shipping address.
If your shipping address and the telephone number are correct, please click the Confirm address button via My Account or the Click here to confirm in this email.

If your address is not correct or you would like to change any details, please contact us via Contact Form.

If you do not confirm your shipping address or contact us regarding the address change within 3 weeks, your order will be canceled following our cancellation policy.

We will start to prepare the shipment after your address is confirmed.

If you have any questions, please contact us at the Contact Form.
Yeah, never got that. They just put a single line in one of their responses asking for a confirmation - which they got since there were more emails after that in the thread.
Old 01-19-2024, 05:34 AM   #27
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
Saying their statues are amazing is pushing it don't you think? I mean, in general, they are really nice - but I wouldn't use the term "amazing" to describe anything they've put out.

There's bad customer service and then there is this - which is borderline fraud.
They have plenty of amazing pieces, probably moreso than anyone else. I get that you are mad at the customer service, but don't let that blind you. I am not a fan of their business practices either, but you can't deny the products. I was kind of surprised they would "hold" statues in the first place to try and save you guys money. They didn't have to do that.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 05:56 AM   #28
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I've stopped ordering from overseas companies because of shipping prices, I just refuse to pay another 25 to 70% more of the statue price on shipping. What a waste of money and why support these shipping companies. What I do now is buy local or for something sold out, I'll buy local on the secondary market at close to retail, this way the original buyer has swallowed the shipping price and I get to save on shipping. Trust me it works.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 10:38 AM   #29
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Agreed! Thats why they started working together with Blitzway hoping to gain a quality/likeness upgrade for their human movie statues.

And what about this marketing sponsorship? I can still hear mr. Biased say it:

Literally 2 months later, he sells the statue and says the exact same thing about another random Prime1 statue, while bashing other companies (also their CS) that do not sponsor him directly
I know exactly who you are talking about.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 10:56 AM   #30
MPCanes
The X-Men

Not surprising. I think we're going to see a lot of statue/figure companies and retailers struggling over the next few months and pulling all kinds of shady nonsense to try and keep their margins the same or rising.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote