Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Costume Corner

Old 11-20-2006, 02:39 PM   #91
ms_ventress
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
Very impressive costume, and the wearer is even better!!
Ms.V, I'm single!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good to know..... But I am not.
I am getting my GG Princess Leia Maquette on Wednesday... can't wait.
ms_ventress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:24 PM   #92
skorpsta
Ghost

i love all of your costumes especially shairyas {hawkgirl}. my girlfriend wanted to put together a LADY DEATH costume any ideas???????
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:25 PM   #93
skorpsta
Ghost

ms ventress you will love the gg lea r2 maquette i got mine 2 weeks ago.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:08 PM   #94
ms_ventress

sweet. I have Ventress, Barriss & Luminara, and Yoda from the series. I think Leia will make a great addition.

For Lady Death... uuuummm.. is it the bikini version..
I saw one girl as Lady Death and she was in the leather black bikini, and covered by a huge cloak... so I don't know you didn't get to see much...
Old 11-20-2006, 09:24 PM   #95
skorpsta
Ghost

thanks that sounds hot good idea, i told my girlfriend about it and were gonna try to work something out for the costume
Old 11-21-2006, 01:10 AM   #96
uncleben1963

Ms. Ventress is a comic fan's dream. You ever noticed that most comic collectors are guys? Not too many females at those conventions, and when you see one in the flesh...er, in the Hawk-Girl costume I mean...lol...it brings you back to your teen years when fantasies of super powers and super-girls were rampant. I remember Gwen Stacey in the Savage Land...ah, now that was a woman! Lol. But I digress... I think it's cool that Ms. Ventress enjoys the hobby and enjoys a little dress-up too. For Halloween, I would take my nephews around (they're too old now), and I remember I had a Punisher costume, and a Green Goblin costume (with fibreglass mask custom-molded to my face and pointy purple hat). Heck, I've even dressed up as Hollywood Hulk Hogan. I'd post the pics but somehow they'd pale in comparison to Hawk-Girl. Guys would rather see her as Slave Leia...and they're RIGHT!!! You keep enjoying your hobby Ms. Ventress. It's one of the safe pleasures we have. I love your wings!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 02:40 PM   #97
ms_ventress

well thank you. Costuming totally drives me. and I actually get most of my inspiration from Statues or Busts... cause they are already in 3-D so I can see the seam lines and actually see how big... say Hawkgirl's helmet is.

Costuming is my favorite thing to do, and I don't think I'll ever get tired of it... maybe till I can't wear the supertight costumes... but if I ever have kids... they are going to have the best Halloween costumes ever!
Old 11-27-2006, 05:51 PM   #98
Bengalslair
U talkin' to me?

Awww Son I have missed this one... And I don't know if I should say this but what the heck that bellie for the hawkgirl is perfecto ...I look forward to what ever else you have!!!
Bengalslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:32 AM   #99
ms_ventress

well up north during the winter... sucks.. i think its -33 with the windchill today when I went outside to start my car.... I think I heard it cry a bit...

I call the Winter, Costuming Season cause all I want to do is stay inside, so during that time I cruise the web looking for ideas for new costumes, finish on-the-go costumes and maybe start the new ones if I brave a trip to the fabric store...:P

I am going to be working on a Female Mando (Boba Fett like costume) this weekend I think.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:38 AM   #100
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ventress View Post
well up north during the winter... sucks.. i think its -33 with the windchill today when I went outside to start my car.... I think I heard it cry a bit...
Current conditions for Edmonton, Alberta
-30°C
A few clouds
FEELS LIKE -41°C
WIND 13 km/h NW
GUSTS
RELATIVE HUMIDITY 61%
DEWPOINT -35°C

Ouch...it's still very fall-like here in Montreal. I don't mind the cold except oil heating costs cut into my statue money.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote