Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-02-2007, 05:01 PM   #11
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoPUFF View Post
actually, Microsoft just handed everyone their a$$es with the release of HALO 3.....I don't think microsoft(XBOX 360) is going anywhere...and to even think they are in trouble is a little far fetched...not even nintendo can touch that one...
My point was that Sony should start worrying about the video game side a bit than they are. I never said the 360 was in trouble. I said that Nintendo is killing everyone right now. Didn't the last systems sales rankings have Wii at #1 and the DS at #2?
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #12
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoPUFF View Post
there's the 40gb(which I thought was dicontinued) it comes with 2 usb ports, not sure about HDMI, then there's the 60 gig (4 usb ports, HDMI) and the 80gig (same as 60 with bigger HDD)
the 20gb version was cancelled this 40gb one is coming out now for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Who knows what they’re thinking. The way Nintendo is wiping the floor with the 360 & PS3 they should be packaging these things with Madden 08 not Spidey 3. What’s the bigger disaster for Sony? Falling further behind on the video game side or losing the format war?

nintendo is ahead in current sales but not total sales

but believe me if you know gamers and you know studies theres no way the wii is gonna win this thing IMHO. The system is steadily loosing intrest, half the wii players including me get bored of wii games quikly, the wii is like an arcade machine: its repetitive and eventually you run out of quarters or loose intrest.The wiimote is fun but it has its limitations, metroid and zelda were amazing but after getting halfway through them I just felt like piking up a controller.

PS3 is focusing on games, theyve slated a bigger exclusive list this q4\x-mas than any company has since 2002. And most of them are AAA quality games but that doesnt mean they will be AAA good: everyone knows wat happend to lair. By this time in 360s first year they didnt have much released besides COD2\elder scrolls\condemned and tomb raider
all 3rd party developed games yet i dunno were condemned fits in that category.

compare that to
heavenly sword\Warhawk\Resistance\lair
all exclusives
plus next gen exclusive Ninja Gaiden
and pretty much every 3rd party game that 360 has
i think ps3 has a better list its just that 360 beat sony to the punch

then by november they had gears yadda yadda yadda vs ps3s upcoming list its pretty similar in amount but time will tell if quality is. I suspect they will be substituting a timed exclusive UT3 for Gears, Unreal 3 is gonna raise some eyebrows and depending on when the 360 date is announced to, ALOT people will buy UT3 on the ps3 but probably a little less than the amount of people who bought gears.

ps3 will be awoken this nov ESPEcially with the price drop.
and it will put it up a good fight in march
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:01 PM   #13
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
still torn bet an xbox 360 and a ps3
Don't be torn anymore.

Get the 360!!!!!!

Nuff said!
glassdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #14
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quick clarification...The 60 gig model is the one that's been canceled. You can still find it in stores, but once they're gone, they're gone for good. The original 20 gig model is also gone. What we have left is the new 40 gig model and the 80 gig model.

From what I understand, the newer models do not have backward compatible hardware and requires a software download to play PS1 and PS2 games, but the older 60 gig model plays those games outta the box. My 60 gig model does anyways, so I suggest to anyone considering buying a PS3 to go out and pick up the 60 gig model before it's gone.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #15
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdancer View Post
Don't be torn anymore.

Get the 360!!!!!!

Nuff said!
for the time being if youre not intrested in BD movies or RPG\Fighting\Platoformer games

I would have to agree
Old 10-02-2007, 08:08 PM   #16
HalJordanFan
Ultimates

Unless it's $200 guys don't waste you money. It's crap. All my friends prefer the 360 Elite when they come over.
HalJordanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:10 PM   #17
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdancer View Post
Don't be torn anymore.

Get the 360!!!!!!

Nuff said!
Right now, I 100% agree. This time next year, the folks who have both will be happiest (if you can afford it). Thankfully, I'm all set.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:12 PM   #18
DSET
The Secret Six

Lol you spent money on an elite and you call ps3 a waste of money

100$ extra for a bigger hard drive youl never use.
unless u did it for hdmi before the announcements were made and you neeed it to watch hddvd movies with the add on. Otherwise you paid 100 more for a black colored system
Old 10-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #19
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSET View Post
Lol you spent money on an elite and you call ps3 a waste of money

100$ extra for a bigger hard drive youl never use.
unless u did it for hdmi before the announcements were made and you neeed it to watch hddvd movies with the add on. Otherwise you paid 100 more for a black colored system
The interior was also modified with an extra cooling well to help prevent the red ring of death problem. As you said though..it's also got a much bigger hdd and if you didn't already have a 360, it makes perfect sense to choose the Elite.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #20
DSET
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
The interior was also modified with an extra cooling well to help prevent the red ring of death problem. As you said though..it's also got a much bigger hdd and if you didn't already have a 360, it makes perfect sense to choose the Elite.
for a 100$ i disagree if u really cared about the RROD then u should have researched into the new flacon 65nm chips and waited the 5months. I dont think many people thought the diffrent heat sink would have or shouldve solve many of the problems they were having, but thats my opinion. Im not sure what the deal is with streaming hd movies im pretty sure they are temporary thus rendering the big hd useless for that matter, Im not really sure what the uses of a big hd is .