Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Artist's Alley

Old 09-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #221
demonhunter
Kingpin

Predator:"I told you to stay away from my girlfriend, Julie!" Alien:"Accck!(chokes)No, she loves me instead!"Phew. Enough of drawing monsters fighting monsters. I need to practise my website design programming next week. ^^ Pencils, Artline pen, Faber Castell pigment ink pens, Studio Colours Magic Markers, Sharpie marker,PrismaColor marker, on artblock. Alien referenced from McFarlane Toys Alien toys, Berserker Predator referenced from Neca Toys and Hot Toys Berserker 1/6 figure.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 01:41 AM   #222
demonhunter
Kingpin

When you talk to someone who had gone through more pain, bigger problems, hardship, sadness and all kinds of bad things worse than you, you start to realize. You realize that the problems you're having are nothing compared to those. They become so trivial and small. And you begin to be ashamed that you ever complained about them."Be glad that you can wake up everyday healthy with no pain or disease."--Dr David Banner. Bill Bixby was famous for portraying Dr David Banner, the alter ego of the Incredible Hulk on t.v in late 70s to 80s.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:46 AM   #223
demonhunter
Kingpin

Artists always try to express themselves. If they can play and write music, they'll write a song. For me, I draw and paint. So, this was my way of expressing myself and also to practice. The word is "Zhan" 戰 in Chinese. It means "war" or "battle." Many of our lives are never ending battles. You just have to keep fighting. Fight the good fight. Fight for what you believe in. Elizabeth Braddock of the X-Men, she keeps fighting. Although sometimes she grew weary. Having forced to face the death of her brother, and then lose the man she loved, as well as almost sacrificing her own life to save a French man she doesn't love but loves her. Complicated. But, as a warrior in X-Force, she knows only one way. Zhan. (X-Force Psylocke pencils on artblock and edited with Photoshop. The face went through many revisions, as I just wasn't satisfied with how she looked.)
Old 09-24-2012, 08:17 AM   #224
demonhunter
Kingpin

Rocky: My ol' man, he was never too smart. He says to me, 'You weren't born with much of a brain, ya know, so uh, ya better start using your body, right?' So I become a fighter. Ya know what I mean. [Adrian chuckles softly] Why are ya laughing?
Adrian: My mother, she said the opposite thing.
Rocky: What did she say? What did she say the opposite?
Adrian: She said, 'You weren't born with much of a body, so ya better develop your brain.'
Old 10-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #225
demonhunter
Kingpin

Selina Kyle work in progress. Face touched up. Smoothed, and added more tones to bring out facial features. Started work on leather outfit.Still working on her, but time for a short break. By the way, this is not the Anne Hathaway Selina Kyle. It was based on Adam Hughe's Catwoman and also inspired by the most beautiful and graceful classic actress Audrey Hepburn.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:56 AM   #226
demonhunter
Kingpin

"Get well soon! And we'll have some Krabby Patties!" said Spongebob. A simple get well card. Spongebob Squarepants vector art. Pencils on paper, then scanned and colored with Adobe Illustrator. Fonts by Eric Wiryanata. & remember kids, always laugh like Spongebob!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #227
demonhunter
Kingpin

Update November 11, 2012. Progress on painting.

Sorry if the progress is a bit late and slow because I can only get to work on it on my free time. Been busy with other things for the past 2 weeks.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #228
demonhunter
Kingpin

Social Climber. Almost done with her, just a bit more painting to go. For now, enjoy the teaser. Selina Kyle's portrait has gone through many revisions.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #229
demonhunter
Kingpin

Oops double post.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #230
demonhunter
Kingpin

By the way,here is the English for the Japanese text:バットマンの強敵にして、運命の女性 =Formidable enemy of Batman, woman of his life.セクシーキャットウーマン = sexy Catwoman.新作即将登场=New Work Coming Soon. 画:郭运翔=Art by Jason Kuek(Os Kuek) 強い=Powerful/Strong 美しい= Beautiful かわいい= Cute.セリーナ・カイル(Selina Kyle)