Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 12-30-2009, 10:51 PM   #31
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

How small can Pym shrink? Can't he go down to sub-atomic also?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:36 AM   #32
BobAgentOfHYDRA
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
From what I've seen, the smallest Hank Pym has gotten is small enough to use an ant as a mount. Maybe some Pym fans can prove me wrong, but I think that maybe be the extent of how small he gets.

My first story reading about Atom was Identity Crisis. In that story he would constantly travel through phone lines from one end to the other stating that he was riding the wavelengths or something like that. At the very end of that story, he shrunk himself out of existence (kind of).

If both men maintain their normal strength at their smallest size, clearly Atom would win due his stronger power set.

And, side bar, using prep time as an excuse for why Hank would win is weak. But mainly I just have a gripe with people using prep time as an excuse why their hero would win in a HeroVHero scenario.
BobAgentOfHYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:11 AM   #33
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Not too sure about subatomic, but I remember a story in which Hnak shrunk down small enough to travel inside someone's head through their capillaries. I believe he was trying to diffuse a bomb or cure a brain tumor or something, but it's been a long time. But he can get very very small.

I'm quite surprised at the overwhelming landslide victory here for the Atom. When I started this, I thought it would be seen as a very evenly matched competition, both men having fairly balanced powers and both being men of science. Interesting that Dr. Palmer is seen as so clear cut a victor.
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:36 PM   #34
Doctor Pym
The X-Men

I'm the last one you might expect to say this, but Palmer would kick Pym's @$$.

I don't think I've ever seen a story where Pym went to subatomic (or even atomic) sizes. Even if Ant-Man shrinks to his minimum size, the Atom can shrink far beyond that, to a level where he is invisible to Pym, then enter Pym's bloodstream, ride to his brain, and it's all over.

The Atom defeated DARKSEID that way.

Pym's only chance would be a sneak attack: to hit Palmer with Pym Particles (the shrinking kind) in an unguarded moment, then in that moment of confusion, go to Goliath size and deck him.

If Palmer is on guard, it's no contest.
Doctor Pym is offline   Reply With Quote