Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-08-2018, 06:18 PM   #281
Professor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Has anybody received one of these. I have paid for mine with shipping but no shipping notice yet.
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:32 PM   #282
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Has anybody received one of these. I have paid for mine with shipping but no shipping notice yet.
I have paid for mine with shipping too but nothing yet. The latest newsletter said they're supposed to begin shipping January/February. I'm not really sure why this one is taking so long. It was originally solicited with a May 2017 release date. I understand that was an "estimated" release date but we're now heading into 9 months overdue. Doesn't it seem a bit ridiculous to be off the mark by that much, even in this industry?
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 03:28 AM   #283
dao2
Cyclops

Not really, PCS is often delayed with things, though it sucks if you're not familiar with them. As for paying with shipping, shoulda read the newsletter, email sent to your, and invoice notes about it. That was to pay for early shipping rates, not that it's ready to ship. You did not have to pay it if you did not want to.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #284
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Not really, PCS is often delayed with things, though it sucks if you're not familiar with them. As for paying with shipping, shoulda read the newsletter, email sent to your, and invoice notes about it. That was to pay for early shipping rates, not that it's ready to ship. You did not have to pay it if you did not want to.
Right, I did understand that it was to lock in the 2017 shipping rates before they increased. My main point was being 9 months overdue from the original release date. This is the first statue I've ordered directly from PCS so it's my first time experiencing a delay of this magnitude. PCS is by no means the only offender in this area. At this point I simply expect studios, such as Sideshow, to never hit their initial release dates. However, being off by this much is something I've never seen before. I know PCS said that they were trying to improve things and I hope that's true as I have a bunch of other statues on order from them.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:26 PM   #285
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
Right, I did understand that it was to lock in the 2017 shipping rates before they increased. My main point was being 9 months overdue from the original release date. This is the first statue I've ordered directly from PCS so it's my first time experiencing a delay of this magnitude. PCS is by no means the only offender in this area. At this point I simply expect studios, such as Sideshow, to never hit their initial release dates. However, being off by this much is something I've never seen before. I know PCS said that they were trying to improve things and I hope that's true as I have a bunch of other statues on order from them.
Yeah, 9 months is far from the worst case for PCS or other companies. There are a few third-party pieces on the Sideshow site, like the Evolve Goliath, that they moved to waitlist solely because their NRD refund policy and payment plan structures made it a waste of effort to even take money for them. Sideshow themselves, as well as DC Collectibles and other Diamond-distributed producers, also "get away" with cancelling and re-soliciting pieces after egregious delays.

Based on pics rolling in of the latest wave of shipped pieces, like Conan and Cammy, the money PCS is putting toward pushing production forward and hiring worthy factories seams to be paying off. If Chunners and Ryu turn out as well, it's gonna suck they were the only two pieces produced for the V-Trigger line. My hopes were almost as high for its expansion as the Ultra one.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 04:33 PM   #286
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
PCS is worse in delays then anyone else, though ordering directly from them is no different then ordering indirectly. It's the same delay. They do seem to be approving things, after the new management took over a lot of stuff seems to be hitting. Ether that's happenstance and a load hitting before the new year or if the new guys had a hand in it I can't say for sure.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:23 PM   #287
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
PCS is worse in delays then anyone else, though ordering directly from them is no different then ordering indirectly. It's the same delay. They do seem to be approving things, after the new management took over a lot of stuff seems to be hitting. Ether that's happenstance and a load hitting before the new year or if the new guys had a hand in it I can't say for sure.
Fingers crossed.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:33 PM   #288
greenknight
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
Yeah, 9 months is far from the worst case for PCS or other companies. There are a few third-party pieces on the Sideshow site, like the Evolve Goliath, that they moved to waitlist solely because their NRD refund policy and payment plan structures made it a waste of effort to even take money for them. Sideshow themselves, as well as DC Collectibles and other Diamond-distributed producers, also "get away" with cancelling and re-soliciting pieces after egregious delays.

Based on pics rolling in of the latest wave of shipped pieces, like Conan and Cammy, the money PCS is putting toward pushing production forward and hiring worthy factories seams to be paying off. If Chunners and Ryu turn out as well, it's gonna suck they were the only two pieces produced for the V-Trigger line. My hopes were almost as high for its expansion as the Ultra one.
I can't blame Sideshow for the delays of third-party suppliers. For example, I have the 1:3 Arkham Batgirl from Prime 1 ordered thru Sideshow but Prime 1 keeps pushing the release date out. Not Sideshow's fault. Sideshow pushes enough of their own release dates out - they don't need extra blame.

I knew that PCS had release date "issues" from browsing through the forum. I guess I didn't realize just how bad it was.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:26 PM   #289
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
I can't blame Sideshow for the delays of third-party suppliers.
I wasn't. I was pointing out those companies that aren't talked about as much but have similar if not lengthier delays. Sideshow, if anything, should be applauded, as other retailers that distribute their products might not be as lenient with deposits and cancellations as they are, including PCS in the past. 9 months is bad, but it's not unique.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:48 PM   #290
yogamite
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

According to today's newsletter...this statue is "In-stock & shipping".

Anyone got any shipping notifications? Hopefully soon...
yogamite is offline   Reply With Quote