Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 01-11-2018, 09:53 PM   #21
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
Saw the website! It's awesome! Those cells are pretty cool! You got some real nice ones! I also like the Batman/Superman animated series stuff, one of my favorite cartoons ever!

I don't recall Universal Studios doing the Transformers promotion but would have loved that as a kid! Too bad too because I grew in SoCal.

Thanks for the compliment!
Also Jealous....I love SoCal. It was 1985 and awesome! There was a line up to see them. Starscream and Jazz were the options. Jazz left as I got to the stage. Starscream was brutally rude in order to stay in character. He kept calling me human and asked me to stop wasting his time! Loved it!
The Megatron was basically a metal painted statue you could climb on. They also previewed the season 2 episodes on screens while you waited. Got to watch the Immobilizer for the first time while we waited!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:54 PM   #22
Iacon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
Loved them. Sadly I don't collect busts... stick some legs on those guys and they would be my grails.
Agreed. They would have made great full size statues!
Old 01-11-2018, 10:01 PM   #23
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
Thanks for the compliment!
Also Jealous....I love SoCal. It was 1985 and awesome! There was a line up to see them. Starscream and Jazz were the options. Jazz left as I got to the stage. Starscream was brutally rude in order to stay in character. He kept calling me human and asked me to stop wasting his time! Loved it!
The Megatron was basically a metal painted statue you could climb on. They also previewed the season 2 episodes on screens while you waited. Got to watch the Immobilizer for the first time while we waited!
Now I'm mad at my parents for not taking me! I would have been 8 at the time and would have loved it. That's just about the time I got my first Transformer, Huffer! I still remember it to this day!

Lol.
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:33 AM   #24
Iacon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
Now I'm mad at my parents for not taking me! I would have been 8 at the time and would have loved it. That's just about the time I got my first Transformer, Huffer! I still remember it to this day!

Lol.
You never forget your first Transformer!
Mine was Soundwave!
It's like the first girl you kiss....lol....
Old 01-12-2018, 12:56 AM   #25
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

I also remember when I got Optimus Prime, he was giant compared to Huffer and way more awesome!

Ha
Old 01-12-2018, 08:23 AM   #26
craigcliff1
Zot

First was Devastator in 85, then Shockwave, Soundwave.
Stuncons, but didn't get Motormaster. To me was like great surf was so hyped. Then 87 show was canceled and moved on. Didn't have a show that I loved like that again where I bought toys, and moved on to spend my money on surfing and snowboarding. Not until 2005 did I think about getting toys or in this case statues. s

How did I not mention Astrotrain and Blitzwing
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:22 AM   #27
Iacon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
First was Devastator in 85, then Shockwave, Soundwave.
Stuncons, but didn't get Motormaster. To me was like great surf was so hyped. Then 87 show was canceled and moved on. Didn't have a show that I loved like that again where I bought toys, and moved on to spend my money on surfing and snowboarding. Not until 2005 did I think about getting toys or in this case statues.
I never left that moment. Got stuck at about 10 and in that moment in time. I never grew up after that...very disappointing to my wife, family, my children....lol....
Old 01-12-2018, 11:06 AM   #28
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Then they killed Optimus Prime and made me sad.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:43 AM   #29
craigcliff1
Zot

Thankfully I missed the movie and didn't watch for almost 20 years.. I am also stuck in the first half of the 80s
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:22 PM   #30
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
You never forget your first Transformer!

I remember my first Go-Bot - Rest-Q.

I think my first Transformer was Skywarp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Not until 2005 did I think about getting toys or in this case statues.
Coincidence?

"It is the year 2005..."

Quote:
I never left that moment. Got stuck at about 10 and in that moment in time. I never grew up after that...very disappointing to my wife, family, my children....lol....
I'm in the same boat. However it may be a bit different in Australia with them continuing to syndicate the TF cartoons in prime slots for a few years after the show ended.

Never understood why the cancelled the show. In my mind the brand was still strong and kids were still lapping it up at that stage.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote