Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-01-2017, 03:30 PM   #1
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Internet service/speeds

Just bought the digital version of Forza 7 yesterday.....been downloading for over 24 hours straight now and not even halfway through(56 GB so far). They really don't think of us with "slow" internet speed when you have to download the games(even with disc).

I have 6Mb/s "high speed" with att, my community is supposed to get U-verse some time but this is pretty ridiculous lol. It's really crazy there's not much options for internet, pretty much between DSL and cable and I'd like to keep att for the package deal with Directv. End first world problems rant.

What's your speed/service?
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:35 PM   #2
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I have the new ATT Fiber at my house. They just put it in my neighborhood about 6 months ago. I pre downloaded the new COD WW2 last night and it was about the same size (55GB or so). I think it took around 90 minutes. I was giving out candy while it loaded and didn't see the exact time. My previous internet was the same as yours through ATT. It would have taken 2-3 days before. They advertise the speed as being 100Mb/s but I think it is closer to 80-85.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:44 PM   #3
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Woah I'm jealous, just checked and it's not in my area either. Is that same as U-verse? Have you/or anyone tried U-verse tv? I have Directv and it's expensive with HBO/Showtime but I only mainly watch boxing and sports besides a few other shows. I really wish I could just pay for the few channels I watch and pay less instead of paying for the hundreds I don't watch at all, I know that's not how it works though.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:49 PM   #4
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Woah I'm jealous, just checked and it's not in my area either. Is that same as U-verse? Have you/or anyone tried U-verse tv? I have Directv and it's expensive with HBO/Showtime but I only mainly watch boxing and sports besides a few other shows. I really wish I could just pay for the few channels I watch and pay less instead of paying for the hundreds I don't watch at all, I know that's not how it works though.
I had U-Verse before but when they merged with DIRECT TV they took all the equipment out and replaced it with DIRECT TV and installed a dish on my roof. I was happier with U-Verse internet over DIRECT TV until they offered fiber in my neighborhood. I was much happier with the TV with U-Verse too. Damn Dish signal goes out all the time. When the Dish loses signal I end up streaming a show half the time to my TV and watch it that way.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:03 PM   #5
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Ok gotcha. Thanks for the info, I hope they offer U-verse or fiber soon here. It's weird that it's not available it's not like I'm in the middle of no where, there's a lot of people that live in the area lol.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:33 PM   #6
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

10 up 100 down
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:32 PM   #7
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

I got comcast blast and no issues with it.

You need to check with them if they are throttling you, if you stream a lot on certain packages or companies they will throttle you.

What cable/online companies are trying to do is start data packages for internet now, cause everyone is getting rid of cable and just doing netflix etc. Its killing the cable companies and they want to make their money.

mine is 12 up 140 down as a recent test i just did
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:02 PM   #8
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Yeah I need to check my options. I might be better off going with cable if U-verse isn't coming anytime soon. I'm only up to 66 GB of downloading Forza now since I started this thread and I'm probably averaging 5 mbps, I've seen it as high as 6-7 and low as 2 without streaming or downloading anything else at the same time.

I see people on other forums wondering if they should upgrade to blast since they're ONLY getting 50 mbps lol.

Edit: Weird, it just finished downloading even though the completion bar was only halfway though...
Old 11-05-2017, 09:23 AM   #9
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Yeah I have Comcast blast as well. Just pinged my internet speed at 88mbps down and 11mbps up.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:15 PM   #10
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Downloading an update for Forza now, my connection is pretty crazy. It jumps anywhere up to 12 mbps to under 1. Surprisingly I don't have lag problems playing games like Overwatch or this(so far). The only game recently that lags a ton is GTA5.