Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-08-2018, 06:16 PM   #61
UTDWalker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Yes, I anticipate reasonable prices and big edition sizes.
What do you consider reasonable?
UTDWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:22 PM   #62
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Yes, I anticipate reasonable prices and big edition sizes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTDWalker View Post
What do you consider reasonable?
I only mean that I don't think they'll be charging a premium over their current PF pricing for each of the pieces in this new trinity. The Wolverine PF that just went up is $570, so I'm thinking they will each be in that general area.

I think the previous trinity acted as gateway pieces for new collectors just entering the hobby. I think this new trinity will serve the same function.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:28 PM   #63
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
I only mean that I don't think they'll be charging a premium over their current PF pricing for each of the pieces in this new trinity. The Wolverine PF that just went up is $570, so I'm thinking they will each be in that general area.

I think the previous trinity acted as gateway pieces for new collectors just entering the hobby. I think this new trinity will serve the same function.
$90 over the Brown Wolverine that released 17 months ago?! WTF SS!

Sorry bro, theres NOTHING reasonable about SS pricing.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:45 PM   #64
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
$90 over the Brown Wolverine that released 17 months ago?! WTF SS!

Sorry bro, theres NOTHING reasonable about SS pricing.
As I explained above, I only meant that I don't think they'll charge a premium for these pieces.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:52 PM   #65
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:

I think anything above $500 no longer acts as a "Gateway." I'd be surprised if it was $550, just my two cents though.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:56 PM   #66
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Anyone getting into this hobby now better have deep pockets or a very small collection in mind.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:20 PM   #67
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Anyone getting into this hobby now better have deep pockets or a very small collection in mind.
I honestly think most OG collectors are nearing the end and if not becoming increasingly selective. The price hikes do suck but they could be worse. I as a customer and collector do expect XM type QC and better packaging. Since the hike, nothing has changed. All we can do is speak with our wallets.
This last year has been like a roller coaster for me. With pieces coming out smoking from P1 and XM, I have never felt so negative towards SS. May 2018 be the year of "OMG, they did it" pieces!!
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:48 PM   #68
Peedi
The Secret Six

Increasingly selective.

I want Wolverine, Magneto, Batman, Miles Spider-Man, Mark Brooks Spiderverse Spider-Man, Legendary scale Spider-Man, new Daredevil, Superman, interested in the New takes on Joker and Ivy..

Realistically I’m all in for Batman, Magneto and Miles, maybe Mark Brooks down the line and I’ll hold out for Damian Wayne one day to pair with Batman. With shipping that’s somewhere around $2000 give or take right there. The rest I’ll just enjoy forum member pics.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:25 AM   #69
SuperDinoHunter
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Someone from sideshow said this before too. To collectors it’s annoying but to a company looking to make money it makes sense.

Movies and other scales, yes. But when’s the last time there was a comic book based 1/4 Iron Man? He’s long overdue for a comic PF.
Yes you are right! I’ve been waiting for a comic Iron Man PF to complete the Avengers line. The latest PFs of Modern Thor, Captain America Charge on Hydra and the latest trio of Hulk PFs. There’s a ton of Iron Mans getting released over the past few years in all scales and formats, but a new comic version is definitely over due!
SuperDinoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:49 AM   #70
Shoo
Hercules

The original Batman PF was $400 at a time when most PFs were $300, $350 tops for bigger pieces. Quite a big leap just because. If it was a 'gateway' back then, it was only because many people made (the hugely popular) Batman their first piece. Which is why they're gonna milk the hell out of this. Again. ;-)

Sure, there are more options now than there were before, but hey, it's the goddamn Batman.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote