Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 01-10-2019, 12:33 PM   #211
ukshaun
Hercules

PCS - Chun-Li V-Trigger (Player 2 Black) EX 1/6 scale

Chun-Li from the Street Fighter V series, compete with EX art print, arrived today. I figured this
piece may never happen again. While pink wasn't an option, and blue turned out different to the
proto, i decided to opt for Player 2 black with silver embroidery.

For a 1/6 scale piece Chun-Li looks nice enough. It's a bit of a puzzle to put together, working
out what goes where what with the swirl. Paint app looks nice enough, although i thought the
rocks on the base look like a factory rush job (good enough, without showing much love).
Chun-Li's paint app looks great. The art print looks really good.

I've posted a couple of photo's, not the best admittedly - i experimented by using an image
projected from the PC to the TV

I got a great deal on this from Sideshow Collectibles
25% off
FREE Global Shipping!
$11.50 Sideshow points
Court of the Dead pin badge
(i couldn't find it in the box?)

-

Update: Sideshow got in touch. It appears they ran out of pin badges, and will send out a Court of the Dead goody-bag.
I wonder what a goody bag contains?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:56 PM   #212
Augen
The Hulk

Nice piece and a good deal on her.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:13 PM   #213
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Congrats Ukshaun. I have her in the blue, where people were put off.

But I love this piece. Her face paint is beautifully and delicately done too.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:16 PM   #214
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Nice piece and a good deal on her.
Super deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Congrats Ukshaun. I have her in the blue, where people were put off.

But I love this piece. Her face paint is beautifully and delicately done too.
PCS (the factory) did a good job
Old 01-22-2019, 01:17 PM   #215
ukshaun
Hercules

Since Xmas I decided to re paint the man-cave, and it’s 90% complete, which means I can move onto my ¼ statue display. Since i no longer wanted to use IKEA Detlof units, the plan ‘was’ to build something out of wood and use the glass from the Detolfs to keep dust out. Since I doubt my woodwork skills to support a ¼ collection, I got thinking about metal. I found a good priced metal system, that hold lots of weight. I could spray the blue and orange metal black. The plan would be to build a wood frame around the sides and front to hold the Detlof glass, which I am more than capable of.

Basic mock up.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:33 PM   #216
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Since Xmas I decided to re paint the man-cave, and it’s 90% complete, which means I can move onto my ¼ statue display. Since i no longer wanted to use IKEA Detlof units, the plan ‘was’ to build something out of wood and use the glass from the Detolfs to keep dust out. Since I doubt my woodwork skills to support a ¼ collection, I got thinking about metal. I found a good priced metal system, that hold lots of weight. I could spray the blue and orange metal black. The plan would be to build a wood frame around the sides and front to hold the Detlof glass, which I am more than capable of.

Basic mock up.
I'll be curious how that turns out.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:07 PM   #217
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I'll be curious how that turns out.
Me to
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:01 PM   #218
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Me to
Me too
Old 01-24-2019, 09:46 PM   #219
GaryTonge
Kingpin

That Chun Li is such a fantastic piece!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:17 PM   #220
ukshaun
Hercules

Picked up some new Hot Toy’s over the past few months. I’m not a big Hot Toys collector,
owning a total of 7 with plans on limiting myself to 10
Today I found the time to display them in a wooden unit i knocked up

Hot Toys - Iron Man Mark IV

Iron Man Mark IV is part of the DIECAST Movie Masterpiece Series. The piece is part plastic,
part metal, and weighs quite a lot compared my other Hot Toys. I decided on this Iron Man as
it features my favourite Iron Man design. The Robert Downey Jr. likeness is about 95% accurate.
However, place on the red black checker Von Zipper Fulton sunglasses, and the likeness looks
superb. The piece came with many tiny batteries - they’re staying in the box, as I can’t be doing
with light up features (although I like the idea that it can). The red & gold paint finish with
intentional scratches looks perfect. I’ll end it here as in-depth reviews can be found on YouTube.

Negatives: Swapping the heads (Iron Man helmet / Tony Stark portrait) requires a Iron Man
levels of strength. It’s not something I’d attempt often.

Hot Toys - Black Widow (Avengers: Infinity War)

In person, the Scarlett Johansson likeness is a good effort. The Black Widow outfit looks good
also. The weapons, not the most interesting admittedly, are well realised in 1/6th form. To
control the real hair (sculpted hair would have been better) I ended up combing in some hair
product to control it and make it flatter, more like it does during Avengers: Infinity War. The legs
look too skinny to belong to Black Widow. I’ll end it here as in-depth reviews can be found on YouTube

Negatives: There doesn’t appear to be any articulation in the ankle area?

Hot Toys - Deadpool 2

When Deadpool the movie arrived, it became one of my favourite super hero films. The story
was lousy, but it didn’t matter, as there were so many laughs wrapped around intense action.
I nearly picked up the 1st Hot Toys Deadpool figure. As good as it looks, the Deadpool 2 figure
is the one to get, as it is more accurate. The outfit looks excellent. The various eye’s (held in
with magnets) work well. Hot Toys went to town adding extra’s which include unicorn doll, neck
device, high-heel shoes, black & yellow trainee jersey. The only thing that’s missing, is a
disfigured Ryan Reynolds swap out portrait. I’ll end it here as in-depth reviews can be found on
YouTube

Negatives: The Deadpool outfit appears to restrict articulation. I get the impression, stress it too
much, and splits will probably occur.

A small display unit made from wood and 3 pieces of glass (shelves from an IKEA Detolf unit).
There is room for 6x Hot Toys. The size of the glass limited the height, which means no Hot
Toys stands, other than the Catwoman stand, as that one is thin. Maybe in the future the lights
could be upgraded. In person, they look ok. I added some background images that relate to the
characters. They are limited in size (14cm wide). It took some work hunting down images that
may work, and getting the scale to match the Hot Toy. The red, blue, white plastic strips were
added to pull the background images flat. The plan is to replace them with black plastic.