Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-24-2019, 03:08 AM   #11
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Yes, especially the recent 1/3th scale’s bases are unnecessarily big. Some of them are actually too distracting and takes away the focus from the character: comic Deathstroke, Hush Huntress etc. Akhram series are actually not too bad compared to the others.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:16 AM   #12
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Nope,that's what set them apart and is part of the charm imo. And I love it when the whole set-up is closer to a diorama telling a story.Look at Ash f.e....takes me right back in those crazy scenes with the laughing deer on the wall and another with possessed Henrietta.If it was Ash standing there on a simple base I wouldnt be interested...now it's a must-have.Keep up the great work with the big bases!
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:51 AM   #13
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Yes. The fact that they have to ship their statues in 2 boxes the size of a Bane PF tells you all you need to know to agree with me on that.
Never got the Bane PF, but doesn't surprise me that it is 2 boxes! When i got Serpentor it is 2 boxes as well, massive statues.

Personally, their bases are a bit large for my taste. I have a few pieces but only because i like their G.I. Joe pieces. Except Destro :P
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:56 AM   #14
Asgard
Deadman

I love big bases. There is more to see. More Details, a story perhaps.
But to see, for example, always the Jokers face on a Harley base is boring.
Asgard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:08 AM   #15
Comicbookguy
Hercules

No difference than buying 2-3 ss statues in place. They look cooler big definitely if space is not an issue. I also want my moneys worth.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:16 AM   #16
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuko3984 View Post
I love all the Prime one statues but the one complaint i have is i find the bases to be inconstant in terms of being to big and sometimes not really adding enough to the statue. The base on the Arkham Knight Harley Quinn i really like, it's big but not too big and adds to the overall statue. Same for the Arkham Knight Batman. But the Harley Quinn Suicide Squad base i really do not like at all. It's really big but i don't feel adds anything at all to the statue.
This. All of this.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:22 AM   #17
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Love them just as they are... would even say the bases should be even more elaborate...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:31 AM   #18
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

I love most of Prime 1's base designs. But as much as I love them it does make it harder to display their pieces.

I'm still wondering on how I'm going to display their new 1/3 Aquaman piece, as the base is quite wide and deep. Quite different from my other preorders including the 1/3 Justice League pieces which should fit in either Besta's and/or Stuva's with doors. But that being said I really like the design of the base and have nothing bad to say about it.

Another large base which has gone above and beyond is the Poison Ivy piece, which imo truly adds to the piece, and another piece I don't regret preordering.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:31 AM   #19
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

And regarding the Arkham bases, I do have one complaint that I just discovered. I had previously purchased the Harley Quinn, and found the base to be nice and compact and with just enough weight. However when I got the Scarecrow piece in recently, the base was easily more than double HQ's and Two Face's bases even though they were more or less the same exact design and size. And now I'm concerned that my current shelf will eventually buckle under the additional weight.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 06:04 AM   #20
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

No the bigger and more complex the base the better I want to see what my money is getting me
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote