Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 03-29-2017, 07:39 AM   #281
Mar-l-Aoutat
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I made a video review of the Artorias statue, if anyone is interested, it is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axjlHSo8Qhs&t=109s

I gave it a 9.2 /10. If it wasn't of the base and the partially wrong pattern in his back, it would be a 10/10
Mar-l-Aoutat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:17 AM   #282
cosmic
Mephisto

Oh you could buy the lamp separately? I didn't see that.

Artorias is an awesome Statue and the price was very fair, cheers for the video review
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:39 PM   #283
Sathis
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I have 0 interest in Solaire, and other NPC based characters. They are a big part of the story, but I am really only in for creatures / bosses from the series.

I think it looks great, but it is just not my personal cup of tea.
Sathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:24 PM   #284
Mar-l-Aoutat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
Oh you could buy the lamp separately? I didn't see that.

Artorias is an awesome Statue and the price was very fair, cheers for the video review
Thanks!
I am a bit surprised that already 2 people dropped dislikes on my vid since I shared it in the F4F collectors club, just wandering what's wrong with it...maybe you could tell me?
lol I feel like these F4F fans feel like I am too critical about the base and they don't like it. But let's be honest: the base is great, but it is not perfect.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:54 AM   #285
cosmic
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar-l-Aoutat View Post
Thanks!
I am a bit surprised that already 2 people dropped dislikes on my vid since I shared it in the F4F collectors club, just wandering what's wrong with it...maybe you could tell me?
lol I feel like these F4F fans feel like I am too critical about the base and they don't like it. But let's be honest: the base is great, but it is not perfect.
I can tell you what is wrong, either they dont have the statue and are jealous, or they do this on purpose. I had also dislikes on my videos for no reasons. Dont sweat on it.

I saw the discussion on FB, well, there is no 10/10 statue, you still gave it 9,2 and you explained why.

One thing you may got it wrong is the scale. F4F said from the beginning, Artorias does not follow a scale per se, but sizewise is around the size of 1/4 scale Statues
Old 03-30-2017, 04:15 AM   #286
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar-l-Aoutat View Post
Thanks!
You will always get "those" people dude. They probably didn't even watch the video and just dis-liked it.

It happens all the time, don't worry about it, a review is your opinion and no one else's, were only here to inform and point out what we like and don't like not to make decisions for people.

You did a great job and i subscribed ( NeoDragoN7676 )
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:15 AM   #287
Mar-l-Aoutat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
You will always get "those" people dude. They probably didn't even watch the video and just dis-liked it.

It happens all the time, don't worry about it, a review is your opinion and no one else's, were only here to inform and point out what we like and don't like not to make decisions for people.

You did a great job and i subscribed ( NeoDragoN7676 )
Well thanks NeoDragoN7676

Quote:
One thing you may got it wrong is the scale. F4F said from the beginning, Artorias does not follow a scale per se, but sizewise is around the size of 1/4 scale Statues
hmmm interesting. Yeah, he is 1/4 scale in size, but he is obviously not 1/4 scale. Is he 1/6? If you look at him beside the hunter by Gecco, he really seems to size with him:

I could not find an in-game picture where the player is right beside Arty but even with that one we can see that he is very close to 1/6.

Maybe it is just close to 1/6 even thought F4F did not tried to make him 1/6. Just a coincidence.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:03 AM   #288
cosmic
Mephisto

Yes, they went for a size not for a scale. Comparing to other statues in the market, its around 1/4th scale

if you go for a size according to the game scale, he looks to be 1/6
But I love him either way, and remember, dont start comparing scales when you get Sif, because it will not fit either, the statues would probably have the same size.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:40 PM   #289
Mar-l-Aoutat

Quote:
Yes, they went for a size not for a scale. Comparing to other statues in the market, its around 1/4th scale

if you go for a size according to the game scale, he looks to be 1/6
But I love him either way, and remember, dont start comparing scales when you get Sif, because it will not fit either, the statues would probably have the same size.
lol no for Sif it is pretty clear, they just made him so that his sword is the same size as Arty's sword. No scale in particular.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:22 PM   #290
DrDjango
Frackin!

I think he's as big as the Sif in the fight against Manus.
DrDjango is offline   Reply With Quote