Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-29-2022, 09:10 AM   #3361
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Does P1 normally show production pics? This is actually my first P1 piece.
They show pics of production pieces from the factory from time to time.....
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:27 AM   #3362
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Does P1 normally show production pics? This is actually my first P1 piece.
With every P1 piece I've ever ordered, the first production pics are always from collectors. To the best of my memory, I've never seen P1 release official production photos.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 04:01 PM   #3363
Dundee
Hydra

It'd be awesome if this releases by end of year, here's hoping!

For such a hyped piece, prime 1 should do the right thing and show us an unboxing video before release.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 05:05 PM   #3364
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
With every P1 piece I've ever ordered, the first production pics are always from collectors. To the best of my memory, I've never seen P1 release official production photos.
They do show them occasionally, but only on their Facebook group. I'm not sure if this technically counts as being official or not? But by all accounts that group is now run by Prime 1 themselves. Not every statue gets teased, but I really hope this one is.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 05:35 PM   #3365
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
It'd be awesome if this releases by end of year, here's hoping!

For such a hyped piece, prime 1 should do the right thing and show us an unboxing video before release.
P1 usually post ''Out of the box'' unboxing videos on their facebook page after a statue has shipped out......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 09:32 PM   #3366
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
yea, I'm hoping for a few factory photos on this one. At least some shots of the head paint apps would be appreciated. That will be very telling what we end up getting. On that note, they did trick us with so called production 1/3 Joker bust pics.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:42 PM   #3367
SDguy

Quote:
I don't know that I'd want that... those factory pics usually look terrible... like they were taken with a secret pen camera and smuggled out of there in some sort of corporate espionage attempt LOL. That might be a huge mistake to make with this piece.

Quote:
P1 usually post ''Out of the box'' unboxing videos on their facebook page after a statue has shipped out......
I'd be down for that.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 03:54 PM   #3368
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
I don't know that I'd want that... those factory pics usually look terrible... like they were taken with a secret pen camera and smuggled out of there in some sort of corporate espionage attempt LOL. That might be a huge mistake to make with this piece.

While I agree about the questionable quality of some of the images. They are generally posted by the mods on the FB group, so they are at least officially sanctioned. If P1 were wise, they would have a designated photographer taking decent pictures in the factories. We've all seen what happens when some randomer receives a statue early and takes a picture on a potato. Official production line images right before they are packed up would stop a lot of that fallout and drum up interest again so it's win win.... Unless said production piece isn't very good of course in which case the world would find out the hard way eventually anyway.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 06:28 AM   #3369
Dundee
Hydra

Can't wait to see some pics and equally can't wait to see this thread go mental (good and bad)
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 07:19 AM   #3370
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
While I agree about the questionable quality of some of the images. They are generally posted by the mods on the FB group, so they are at least officially sanctioned. If P1 were wise, they would have a designated photographer taking decent pictures in the factories. We've all seen what happens when some randomer receives a statue early and takes a picture on a potato. Official production line images right before they are packed up would stop a lot of that fallout and drum up interest again so it's win win.... Unless said production piece isn't very good of course in which case the world would find out the hard way eventually anyway.
Yep, totally agree.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote