Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-06-2024, 02:55 PM   #31
Hakumen
Doh!

Looks very promising. Excited for what they have in store for WH40k statue collectors after Saint Celestine. (Which also is a must for me)
Hakumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 05:41 PM   #32
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakumen View Post
Looks very promising. Excited for what they have in store for WH40k statue collectors after Saint Celestine. (Which also is a must for me)
In one of the zorpazorp videos where he was visiting along with concepts of this statue there was also a couple other stuff.

An Orc (can't tell which exactly) and a SoB

Also some profiles of plague marine/some nurgle thing and some other chaos dude (khorne berserker maybe?). Vid is linked and timestamped a page or two back but it's tough to make out anything but the SoB, this statue, and some of Abaddon and Celestine.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 12:22 PM   #33
Halcyon
Loki

Hi DAO

First unboxing is available. I don't believe this is some random dude unboxing (prob sponsored) but whatever, video quality and (cut/paste) is smooth to see release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPTqh9qZXTk

looking at packaging and overal quality, think this is from same factory as Prime1 stuff. The battery compartment of the led head already has cover with one screw to comply with new safety rules.

Main reason why i think this is promotional, bcs he takes the chainsword parts out of box like this. But closeup they are switched to remind ppl the gore version is the limited edition. And it is his "first large expensive statue ever" but from A to Z goes like show and tell.

I don't like how they did the ultramarine sign on knee and shoulder pad. The upper bars should not go beyond the belly of the "omega sign". Also would look better when a bit thicker (like the more older signia).
At least factory did not overdo the blood on his suit and base, so collectors can enhance the paint here and there if they like (suit details and blood effect).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Weta Lieutenant Titus Chainsword2.png
Views:	197
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	169380   Click image for larger version

Name:	Weta Lieutenant Titus Helmlight.png
Views:	10
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	169381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Weta Lieutenant Titus Kneepad3.png
Views:	200
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	169382   Click image for larger version

Name:	Weta Lieutenant Titus Shoulderpad.png
Views:	26
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	169383  
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 04:26 PM   #34
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Hi DAO

First unboxing is available. I don't believe this is some random dude unboxing (prob sponsored) but whatever, video quality and (cut/paste) is smooth to see release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPTqh9qZXTk

looking at packaging and overal quality, think this is from same factory as Prime1 stuff. The battery compartment of the led head already has cover with one screw to comply with new safety rules.

Main reason why i think this is promotional, bcs he takes the chainsword parts out of box like this. But closeup they are switched to remind ppl the gore version is the limited edition. And it is his "first large expensive statue ever" but from A to Z goes like show and tell.

I don't like how they did the ultramarine sign on knee and shoulder pad. The upper bars should not go beyond the belly of the "omega sign". Also would look better when a bit thicker (like the more older signia).
At least factory did not overdo the blood on his suit and base, so collectors can enhance the paint here and there if they like (suit details and blood effect).
Wow thanks for the link We'll see maybe it is shipping, if so quite quick!

I don't think it's promotional, in regards to the chainsword you can see at 3:05 just before he cuts to after he's taking the hoodie off he was attaching the blood right there. Also I'm wondering if he didn't make a mistake and didn't want to show it. At 3:05 he's about to put it right on top but from looking at it in your photo I feel like you'd have to remove the existing one or something, couldn't just plop on the new blades and blood. If so he just cut off his fumbling around with it.

Weird guy to do a promo with if it is one, only 1.6k subscribers and other than some a few collectible stuff (like a lego star destroyer) he reviews headphones. Might also be why he's going through everything as is he is a reviewer, just not of collectibles.

Also his background matches his story, never bought anything like this but has some video game collectors editions like the mentioned. Also I recognize his desktop background, looks like the blood angels company command artwork.

I agree the ultramarines logo is a bit odd on the knee pad and it looks better like you mention it or as it was on the proto. Overall I think the paint is not as good at the proto at all but still very nice looking. The purity seal writing also looks like writing too which is nice, not little squiggles like the HMO one, and having sigils and such on it as well.

Overall looks nice, hope to see more and ffs please no more smurfs :P
Old 03-27-2024, 06:41 AM   #35
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Wow thanks for the link We'll see maybe it is shipping, if so quite quick!

I don't think it's promotional, in regards to the chainsword you can see at 3:05 just before he cuts to after he's taking the hoodie off he was attaching the blood right there. Also I'm wondering if he didn't make a mistake and didn't want to show it. At 3:05 he's about to put it right on top but from looking at it in your photo I feel like you'd have to remove the existing one or something, couldn't just plop on the new blades and blood. If so he just cut off his fumbling around with it.

I agree the ultramarines logo is a bit odd on the knee pad and it looks better like you mention it or as it was on the proto. Overall I think the paint is not as good at the proto at all but still very nice looking. The purity seal writing also looks like writing too which is nice, not little squiggles like the HMO one, and having sigils and such on it as well.

Overall looks nice, hope to see more and ffs please no more smurfs :P
You are right i missed the part he attached the teeth himself. I thought gore teeth was already attached when in styro. Yes i knew from proto the LE has only the extra teeth (plus hammer with additional stand) and not an extra chainsword switchout. +$200 is steep towards customers.

Pity he did not show the bare head as closeup and the chainsword placed on full statue.

Fully agree, overall paintwork is not as good as the proto (bit flat/monotone some parts) but still very nice looking. I like weta don't use really bright colors for WH (serious looking). And this first release we could enhance some small detail paint here and there if we really need to.
During proto I wrote Weta about the UM logo (long thin bars) and also about the color of the headstand (imo would look better SM-blue). But weta did not reply and seems like factory already started during this PO release.

Price wise this (average size and switchouts) statue is quite expensive (some countries get tax and high shipping on top), but im like you big fan of WH40k statues so think i will get this. Lets hope other 1:6 WH statues from weta are not getting more expensive than this.

Haha i had to think about smurfs lol. Yes hope they do other SM legions also but first Abaddon and hopefully soon a brutal greenskin leader/warboss.
Old 03-27-2024, 07:00 AM   #36
Halcyon
Loki

Question

I can't remember exactly, but did weta not mention in 'behind the scenes' that this in-helmet light would get a 12V-adapter in the base instead of the battery that you have to turn on and off all the time with annoying tiny switch?

This response on youtube also mention this point.
"For anyone wondering, the battery for the helmet is an A23. Edit: I talked with Weta customer support, there seemed to be some confusion, but there are in fact no red LED's in the base of the statue, nor is there a USB C connection as initially mentioned."

If so they should have reduced the price tag a bit. USB connector does add something to overall statue quality imo.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM   #37
dao2
Cyclops

I don't remember, and I don't really use light up so not that worried about it tbh. It's quite big with the hormagaunt on the base so I think it's pretty sizeable, but yeah pricey. I did already order it though :P I will pass on abaddon though, not interested in any heretics! ;p
Old 03-28-2024, 04:54 AM   #38
dao2
Cyclops

Update: Other people in the comments have said they received theirs, so it looks like it's just shipping already.

Some pics I found on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40...tus_assembled/

Quite a bright room though
Old 03-28-2024, 06:25 AM   #39
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I don't remember, and I don't really use light up so not that worried about it tbh. It's quite big with the hormagaunt on the base so I think it's pretty sizeable, but yeah pricey. I did already order it though :P I will pass on abaddon though, not interested in any heretics! ;p
Nice. Did you order the LE or the regular to save a bit? directly from weta shop?

Think i will go for the regular.
Old 03-28-2024, 12:59 PM   #40
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Nice. Did you order the LE or the regular to save a bit? directly from weta shop?

Think i will go for the regular.
Regular, from spec fiction (free shipping in the us, also payment plan with partially).