Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 11-27-2010, 06:28 AM   #1
iceprince_x
Deadman

Dawn: 20th Anniversary Statue

Sculptor: CS Moore
Artist:Joseph Michael Linsner

Introduction:

Dawn is one of the major babes in the late 90’s that earned the title bad girl, along with Lady Death, Psylocke, Shi, Witchblade, among others. Her story is tragic but interesting. Even the concept of her ever changing looks based on the person seeing her except her 3 tattooed tears are constant is something new at that time.

CS Moore is no stranger to the works of Mr.Linsner with an amazing rendition of the horned Sinful Suzi and the winged Dark Ivory is already a statement that these artists do know how to make their women and their style blended perfectly.

The Statue:

Edition Size: 1,200
Edition Number: 41 (signed by CS Moore)
Specification: 15 inches tall; 1/6 scale

The announcement of the 20th Anniversary Dawn statue was received well by collectors of female statues and other afficianados until the actual painting was brought out for the first time.

I remember a heated talk happened and even the sculptor himself giving his mind to it. But all things came to pass and what we have now, is a delightful statue whose sensual side couldn’t be hidden in her purple armour. Though a variant is always not too far behind, the first rendition of Dawn is still a legacy to be kept in any fan of the character in their cabinet.

Commentaries:

First Impression:

When I first took it out, all I can say is that the statue is light weight. It doesn’t have the heaviness I got from other statues of CS Moore. Not that it matters but it is just off for me.

Pose and Figure: 4/5

The pose is sexy and alluring just like what Dawn should be. The way the fingers of the left hand is waving is suggestive and has a certain flow to it that can tickle your imagination of her brewing some magic for you.

Though many still wishing for more skin in her or an accessory of a sword or her signature rose in one arm, I respect the decision of Mr. Moore in making the statue as it is. May be a prelude to some changes in her appearance in the near future?

Detailing: 5/5

No doubt, this is one of the highly detailed and refined work done by CS Moore. The scroll the necklace is really breathe-taking. The base is just right and true to what the theme of the statue is… celebrating Dawn’s 20th anniversary.

Paint: 3.5/5

I am one of the few people who wished for a different color but the direction taken by Mr. Moore is still notable, it is the first of its kind to all existing Dawn statues. It really done away with heavy contrast but went for a sutle impact.

Over-All Impact: 4/5

The statue is really more than her other Linsner sisters and thus, really sets your eye on her. She is the Queen of Linsner’s women, the muse that will always inspire and provoke any spirit who gazed upon her.

iceprince_x is offline   Reply With Quote