Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-14-2011, 12:33 PM   #31
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by verified View Post
Yea i kinda understand that.
I don't know the significance of the scooter either. Deadpool does get around in some fancy automobiles and this is probably just one of them.
And the irony between cold blooded assassin and silly scooter is also a selling point.
Oh well, just buy what we like.
And if you're just a minor fan, then no one in their right mind would recommend dropping close to $400 for this. Unless the guns and some parts of the statue are in die-cast metal or something, i don't see how this price is justified.
I would pay $$ for minor characters I like, but it would have to be well done, and def larger than this. This is very unjustified.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:34 PM   #32
Luminous
Cyclops

I'm surprised at how much I like this statue. Its awesome.

However that price is killing me. May have to wait a while on this one.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #33
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
It's a motorbike!

Having him use "The Solution" while on the bike is very in line with Deadpool's character. I'm just having a real hard time justifying the price.

I don't think any minor fan will pick it up at that price.

that is pretty hilarious, but at that price not going to happen, I wouldn't pay more than $125-$150, IF I had nothing else I wanted to buy at that moment.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #34
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Interesting that GG are also producing statues. This looks like a nice piece but over priced for it's scale.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #35
verified
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
that is pretty hilarious, but at that price not going to happen, I wouldn't pay more than $125-$150, IF I had nothing else I wanted to buy at that moment.
You make this statement as if you NEED a statue fix, even one you don't truly like when you have nothing else to buy. Is that really what collecting is about?
Just a general observation of the collecting community these days though, not a comment aimed at you, Spaz.
Game has changed quite a bit since i started collecting.
verified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:45 PM   #36
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
I feel the same way Spazzy. I like Deadpool a lot but there are better deals to be had for characters I like more.

That said depending on the ES and amount of hard core DP fans out there I wouldn't mind picking it up down the line for a better price.

For some reason I have a feeling this will do well on the secondary market because of it's uniqueness.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #37
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by verified View Post
You make this statement as if you NEED a statue fix, even one you don't truly like when you have nothing else to buy. Is that really what collecting is about?
Just a general observation of the collecting community these days though, not a comment aimed at you, Spaz.
Game has changed quite a bit since i started collecting.
Well I appreciate the art, it is well done, just not exactly what I would want in a Deadpool statue, but at a lower price, very low, I would consider it. And the art posted made me chuckle, and made it slightly easier to take in.

I spent $500 on Man Thing, have no interest in the character, but it is an awesome piece, felt same way with a bunch of statues, Galactus lsb, IRon Spidey to name a couple.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:53 PM   #38
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I feel the same way Spazzy. I like Deadpool a lot but there are better deals to be had for characters I like more.

That said depending on the ES and amount of hard core DP fans out there I wouldn't mind picking it up down the line for a better price.

For some reason I have a feeling this will do well on the secondary market because of it's uniqueness.
It is unique, I am sure alot of "observers" that see this in a collection will be like WTF??
Old 06-14-2011, 01:03 PM   #39
verified
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Hmmm yea...
I definitely picked up pieces based on aesthetics rather than familiarity with character before as well.
I've been filtering down the volume of my collection these days so pieces like these really standout, compared to the large scale stuff Sideshow has been churning out. Barring a couple of pieces, not many of their releases have caught my eye for the past year or so.
If this piece were a $100 or even $50 cheaper, it'd be an instant pick up.
Then I can see it as buying an Aspen piece or some Moore pieces which are in the same scale as well.
verified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #40
Spazzy
Hercules

guess it all depends on how many are made, I think you should easily get it for $50 cheaper, $100 down the road if 500+ are made, less might get scooped up somewhat quick.