Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 04-17-2015, 02:40 AM   #221
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Thanks again, Silas. Yeah, my camera phone doesn't take the best pictures with low lighting. It was the best I could do with the amount of light in that room at the time. I thought it might help if I circled the area, but I guess not. Using flash would have just washed it out.

Anyway, I think I'm on board with what you're saying now that I've had time to inspect it some more. I can clearly see the finger tip now. I think you nailed it when you suggested I was trying to find symmetry in the two fingers. It just struck me as odd when I was looking at it straight on today. Like I said, I checked out every picture of that hand that I could find online and it seems to be there even on the proto pics so I'll choose to believe it's intended. I've had some minor issues with a couple pieces recently, so I guess my paranoia was in overdrive.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 02:46 AM   #222
Mqhuynh
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I don't even play the game and I think this looks epic. Congrats to all that got one.
Mqhuynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:55 AM   #223
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Thanks again, Silas. Yeah, my camera phone doesn't take the best pictures with low lighting. It was the best I could do with the amount of light in that room at the time. I thought it might help if I circled the area, but I guess not. Using flash would have just washed it out.

Anyway, I think I'm on board with what you're saying now that I've had time to inspect it some more. I can clearly see the finger tip now. I think you nailed it when you suggested I was trying to find symmetry in the two fingers. It just struck me as odd when I was looking at it straight on today. Like I said, I checked out every picture of that hand that I could find online and it seems to be there even on the proto pics so I'll choose to believe it's intended. I've had some minor issues with a couple pieces recently, so I guess my paranoia was in overdrive.
Understood. I have to be carefull as well, because it's so easy (when you like something) to do your best to overlook flaws and defend, what should otherwise be considered, poor quality.

Before typing each response to your question I really gave some thought to whether I was being a Fan boy or not. I've gotten so used to bashing SS and GG, that part of me (a big part of me) wants another company to set itself up as a shining example of how a collectibles company should conduct itself and its products....add to that my burning desire to own decent 1/4 scale Mass Effect statues and you have all the makings of a biased response.

I'd be interested in what other owners make of that feature, and whether they think it's an intended design or a flaw.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:18 AM   #224
Dee14
Doh!

Great pics. Being used to SS in terms of production quality I was a bit nervous about the downgrade from the Garrus proto, but he looks amazing! I ordered the regular locally and I'm glad to see that it turned out this good.

Took a bit of a gamble with Gaming Heads because I had never of them before, but after doing some research on the quality of their current statues like TF2 and Skyrim, I was sufficiently reassured. That plus, well, these were freaking 1/4 scale Mass Effect statues. So there was that.

I hope Wrex or Legion is next. (though I'm probabaly wrong )
Dee14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:23 AM   #225
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Got mine yesterday. Unpacked him and took some photo's. My extra gun was on top of the box, carefully wrapped in styrofoam. Displayed him with the sniper rifle through, seems to fit the character better

Repacked him as I'm remodeling at the moment. Shame, because he is one good looking piece. Few small things though. Head is pretty loose in the socket and the visor and jaws are glued on and feel a bit flimsy and breakable. But all in all, a solid 8.

And like 90% of my fellow board members, crappy phone pics to go with this personal opinion

Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:53 AM   #226
dao2
Cyclops

jesus they actually made that half scale sonico :P what did it end up costing like 500?
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:48 PM   #227
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I was going to ask about that Sonico too, haha. She's huge! Garrus is such a smooth operator. Looks like he wasted no time getting her to strip down .
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #228
Hunterkingxxl
Luke Cage

Yeah, she was about €475. Actually less than modern day PF's, but 1/2 scale, solid cast and no QC issues. I'd take that over a SS PF any day. She was sold today, that's why she's unpacked and on display in the pictures .
Hunterkingxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:15 AM   #229
Dee14
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Displayed him with the sniper rifle through, seems to fit the character better
The Phaeston wasn't a very appealing exclusive, was it? I'm tempted to get the exclusive version of Liara, but the Garrus regular was a no-brainer in my opinion. Like you said, the Incisor is almost synonymous with Garrus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterkingxxl View Post
Head is pretty loose in the socket and the visor and jaws are glued on and feel a bit flimsy and breakable.
It looks good though. As long as things don't spontaneously come off I think GH did a good job. And it's not as if there's a switch-out head. Garrus only has the one expression anyway. That's all he needs.
Dee14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:29 AM   #230
musdy
Frackin!

Anyone order from this site before?

http://www.specfictionshop.com/produ...y-gaming-heads
musdy is offline   Reply With Quote