Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-26-2021, 04:10 AM   #201
Frogtown
Fantastic Four

More pics are rolling in and it's not looking good. I'm crushed..
Frogtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 08:29 AM   #202
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
More pics are rolling in and it's not looking good. I'm crushed..
Indeed.

As I've said before, this is horrendous and pcs should be ashamed.

I don't even want to display mine, it's that bad.

Another company I've thankfully wiped my hands of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
First pictures look bad shocker...lol...looks like its just been pulled out the box and he's took a not very good picture tbh...look at the right hand side at his hip, the suit still has a big indentation from the box lol...

I'd wait for more pics.
We waited. Still horrendous so.... lol?
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:36 AM   #203
Dr Herbert West
Doh!

A few more pics from a guy on FB. I’ll wait to see it for myself when it arrives but I gotta say I’m kinda disappointed. Maybe it just needs some love out of the box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7DFA5228-CA19-4C6B-89DE-C034C8AB8841.png
Views:	74
Size:	2.95 MB
ID:	137277   Click image for larger version

Name:	2F35CECF-EA1D-47F8-89AD-7B22907680D1.png
Views:	68
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	137278   Click image for larger version

Name:	A7F487B0-D2D6-4E07-92DB-46304D6A0C9A.png
Views:	67
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	137279   Click image for larger version

Name:	C5E6A817-30E3-441E-8585-5D1A1750286E.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	202.2 KB
ID:	137280   Click image for larger version

Name:	D1124482-E497-45AE-B10C-FF419E29C545.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	137281  

Dr Herbert West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:40 AM   #204
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Please tell me this is a joke.
It is. This has been debunked. It’s a cheap knockoff. Ant is going to post a response and real production pictures on Facebook today.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 11:57 AM   #205
mistermark
Birdman

This is shameful of PCS. The end product looks like a cheap recast. Cheap dollar store fake fur hair instead of mohair like in the proto. Ten dollar Barbie comes with styled hair, yet PCS shrugged their shoulders at doing it for $600. SMH

Base pics should've been hand painted and not ruined with airbrush overspray. Coveralls are now a much more flimsy material. Total bait and switch and its inexcusable at these prices. This wasn't even a hard statue to get right. A little hand painting. A little hair styling like the proto. Sticking to the more quality fabric on the proto. Who aaproved this and thought "good enough. Those suckers will buy it."

PCS cut corners on this all around and I'm not supporting a company that does this. They need to replace the mask and redo it properly like on the proto and hand paint the base pics in the least to make this okay. Total unethical company to think this is fine. PCS "We strive to make our in hand products as good or better than the proto." Look at a companies actions, not their BS marketing words. Fix this, PCS
mistermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:15 PM   #206
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermark View Post
This is shameful of PCS. The end product looks like a cheap recast. Cheap dollar store fake fur hair instead of mohair like in the proto. Ten dollar Barbie comes with styled hair, yet PCS shrugged their shoulders at doing it for $600. SMH

Base pics should've been hand painted and not ruined with airbrush overspray. Coveralls are now a much more flimsy material. Total bait and switch and its inexcusable at these prices. This wasn't even a hard statue to get right. A little hand painting. A little hair styling like the proto. Sticking to the more quality fabric on the proto. Who aaproved this and thought "good enough. Those suckers will buy it."

PCS cut corners on this all around and I'm not supporting a company that does this. They need to replace the mask and redo it properly like on the proto and hand paint the base pics in the least to make this okay. Total unethical company to think this is fine. PCS "We strive to make our in hand products as good or better than the proto." Look at a companies actions, not their BS marketing words. Fix this, PCS
Did you read my post above yours? The pictures of the crappy looking Myers circulating are of a cheap knockoff. A terrible recast.
Old 02-26-2021, 01:22 PM   #207
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
It is. This has been debunked. It’s a cheap knockoff. Ant is going to post a response and real production pictures on Facebook today.
Haha no it isn't. The box velcro everything? What did people expect? Same Chinese quality as every other statue made in China...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:26 PM   #208
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Haha no it isn't. The box velcro everything? What did people expect? It looks like every other statue...
So you’re telling me you believe those are real production pictures? Because it has Velcro straps?
Old 02-26-2021, 01:31 PM   #209
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
So you’re telling me you believe those are real production pictures? Because it has Velcro straps?
The box and everything else. That's it. You think someone's gonna go to that much trouble to knockoff a meh $500 Michael Myers with a 5K ES (Don't worry they didn't get that many orders so there will be WAY less)

100% THAT is the statue.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:39 PM   #210
mistermark
Birdman

Those pics came from Tang Brothers Market Collectibles on Facebook. It's not a recast. PCS dropped the ball on this major and there are no excuses. They need to redo the Myers base with handpainted pics and not disastrous overspray from airbrush and redo that awful cheap looking dollar store head with the fake fur unstyled hair. Also the way cheaper flimsy quality coverall fabric bait and switch from proto to in hand. If you put the in-hand image next to the prototype images, you'll see what a piece of cow pile this is. Not buying this when Blitzway and Sideshow and others have learned to get things right. Don't be in the statue game if you can't have proper QC
mistermark is offline   Reply With Quote