Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-02-2021, 08:52 PM   #281
Dr Herbert West
Doh!

Thanks Barbarian. This was my first statue bought from a vendor, who knew there would be so much drama lol.
Dr Herbert West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:56 PM   #282
Dr Herbert West
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
That actually looks pretty great. Why do you say the base isn't good, are the images cheap looking?
The production images definitely don’t have that sharper contrast between light and dark that the prototype did. And young Micheal looks like he’s wearing an old Micheal Myers mask.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	815D4150-208B-4CC2-AD85-9EBA4D0C24CB.png
Views:	61
Size:	3.36 MB
ID:	137395   Click image for larger version

Name:	B7890500-25A1-4E06-A915-407246884C8B.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	137396  
Old 03-02-2021, 09:03 PM   #283
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Herbert West View Post
Thanks Barbarian. This was my first statue bought from a vendor, who knew there would be so much drama lol.
Haha! Too true. Always and forever, we'll have the .
Well, it's great to have you along for all the hubbub, bub.

I agree with your summarization of the base. I still love that it's a house based... base.

Where did you buy your statues from before? Ebay and such?
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:24 PM   #284
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thumbs down

Quote:
The production images definitely don’t have that sharper contrast between light and dark that the prototype did. And young Micheal looks like he’s wearing an old Micheal Myers mask.
Ya that looks awful. Like they completely abandoned the original and said make him wearing the mask. It’s not even close.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:25 PM   #285
Dr Herbert West
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Haha! Too true. Always and forever, we'll have the .
Well, it's great to have you along for all the hubbub, bub.

I agree with your summarization of the base. I still love that it's a house based... base.

Where did you buy your statues from before? Ebay and such?
No actually. I bought the Freddy and Jason 1/4 scale PCS statues to match this one locally off a buy and sell site along with a Pinhead 1/4 scale, those 3 cost $2700. I’ve been looking for the Leatherface 1/4 scale but can’t find one for less then $1500! Also been looking for the Myers 1/3 exclusive but that’s a ghost now lol. Planning on a pre order of the 1/3 Leatherface and Ghostface PCS pieces when they come out. Super excited to grow my collection.
Old 03-02-2021, 09:34 PM   #286
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
No actually. I bought the Freddy and Jason 1/4 scale PCS statues to match this one locally off a buy and sell site along with a Pinhead 1/4 scale, those 3 cost $2700. I’ve been looking for the Leatherface 1/4 scale but can’t find one for less then $1500! Also been looking for the Myers 1/3 exclusive but that’s a ghost now lol. Planning on a pre order of the 1/3 Leatherface and Ghostface PCS pieces when they come out. Super excited to grow my collection.
Awesome. I'm guessing patience isn't your strongest suit. Same here. But, thankfully, I did survive my long wait for a good Michael Myers 1/4 scale. Best of luck on your searches!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 09:43 PM   #287
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
Seems backwards from what I’m used to thinking. In that case, they should never show the prototype but I’m sure in this day and age it would always leak online and then you’d still end up with the customer base complaining why the factory pieces don’t mirror the prototype when that happens.
They don't ever show the prototype. I doubt pictures would leak, and even if they did who cares? People want what they ordered.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:23 PM   #288
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
They don't ever show the prototype. I doubt pictures would leak, and even if they did who cares? People want what they ordered.
It’s not worth discussing since it’s not the case. I guess I was under the impression everyone operated the same or similar to Sideshow where a prototype is made and shown as the example for production with the disclaimer that the final product may change.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 10:30 PM   #289
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I’m happy with everything but the base. That is definitely NOT as advertised. A little TLC and it looked good for me. That hairline is a tad high but I’m on the fence about having my friend re-hair it.
I’ve been seeing great pictures. My issue is the hairline. Hopefully mine doesn’t arrive looking like LeBron.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:01 AM   #290
V8Falcon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Is it more do to with lighting or does the pumpkin appear to be only one solid color orange inside and out?
V8Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote