Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 03-09-2021, 03:44 PM   #311
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Angry

Would be nice if Ant would address the knife that was supposed to be metal.
And the young Michael Myers in base window that looks like he’s wearing a mask now. It was suppose to look like a child without a mask on. What happened?
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:46 PM   #312
MASTERSAFARA

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Herbert West View Post
The production images definitely don’t have that sharper contrast between light and dark that the prototype did. And young Micheal looks like he’s wearing an old Micheal Myers mask.
This is SO BAD!! And I want answers! Someone post the pictures . It’s didn’t post with the quote for some reason. People need to see how bad it is.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:51 PM   #313
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
Would be nice if Ant would address the knife that was supposed to be metal.
And the young Michael Myers in base window that looks like he’s wearing a mask now. It was suppose to look like a child without a mask on. What happened?
Possibly something to do with rights?
If so, then its an oversight.
Similar to Laura Matsuda's yellow vest lacking text on one side. An oversight.
Nevermind.. best dig deep into your pockets and pre_order the Prime 1 Myers piece.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:56 PM   #314
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I didn't know Prime 1 was making a Myers statue!!! 1/3 though right? Depending how bad this one sucks I'll order the Prime 1. Even though I don't collect 1/3.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:19 PM   #315
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Let me jump in here because it seems people are taking a persons comment on the internet as gospel without even seen Myers in person.

1. Head Sculpt: Head sculpt is the EXACT same sculpt as the 1:3. Why would we change something that everyone loved? We specifically kept redoing the 1:3 Mask to get it perfect because we knew if it wasn't then we wouldn't be able to do Myers in 1:4.

2. Hair: The hair in the prototype, 1:3 Myers, and 1:4 factory Myers has NEVER been mohair. In fact, the prototype hair was just a fur pelt bought from the hobby store. Which goes to show how much people DON'T know when they think they know everything. Now here is a fun fact. We actually explored doing rooted hair with the 1:3 Myers during production. I even went so far to spend $15k to source mohair locally and sent it to china. Sadly it looked like crap and a barbie doll head so we switch to the fur pelt for 1:3 Myers with the help of our painter Nathan (I need to get that hair back from the factory and sell it, lol). And the results turned out amazing so we did the same for the 1:4 Myers. Which actually makes sense because the 1978 mask didn't have rooted hair.

3. Knife - The knife is metal. This is another example of someone posting "it's not metal" and people just running with it. Here is another fun fact. We would've saved a whooping $0.15 per statue if we didn't do metal and that's because of mold costs of ABS and Metal. So no, PCS didn't cheap out as we kept the knife metal.

4. Base - kid Myers we had to be careful due to likeness issues. But, I'm not happy with the window paints. Could they have done better, absolutely. Do the windows distract from the statue, not in my opinion. I've already spoken with the owner of the factory about the base and he's going to personally QC our upcoming projects. One of the reason we didn't offer the color windows as a separate variant was because we didn't trust China to get it exactly how we wanted it. We thought they would get the mono-chrome right. They still did a good job, but could've been better.

Look, I totally get the passion for Myers. But, wait until you get him in person yourself to make your own judgment because everyone I've spoke with loved him once they got him in person. I've even had people PM me apologizing for flipping out from badly taken "straight out the box" photos because they loved him once they got him in person. But, if you still don't like him then send him back. Everyone has their own opinion and sadly some people lie along with their opinions. As one guy that was trying to blow up our FB group about how he hated Myers 1:4. Some people called him out saying wait to see in hand and of course he said "I already have and sent it back to Sideshow". Which was a bold face lie because at that point in time Sideshow actually didn't even have Myers in their warehouse, lol. Guess people don't think we know this stuff.

I always say buy what you love, but don't put other people down because they love something you don't. Also just wanted to touch on the retail cost of Myers at $600. We actually did our best to keep the costs down for collectors on Myers. We are probably one of the few companies around still focusing on keep costs down as much as we can. And if you think if SS did a PF Myers years from now (which I doubt because they don't have the license, we do) would be under $600 then you would be kidding yourself (unless there is some grand shift in factory pricing). Shoot the 1:2 scale Myers from Prime 1 is $2,000 which was actually up for preorder on 12/19 which was 8 months before our 1:4 Myers. Hope this helps calm down the internet drama.
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:24 PM   #316
MASTERSAFARA

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
Let me jump in here because it seems people are taking a persons comment on the internet as gospel without even seen Myers in person.

1. Head Sculpt: Head sculpt is the EXACT same sculpt as the 1:3. Why would we change something that everyone loved? We specifically kept redoing the 1:3 Mask to get it perfect because we knew if it wasn't then we wouldn't be able to do Myers in 1:4.

2. Hair: The hair in the prototype, 1:3 Myers, and 1:4 factory Myers has NEVER been mohair. In fact, the prototype hair was just a fur pelt bought from the hobby store. Which goes to show how much people DON'T know when they think they know everything. Now here is a fun fact. We actually explored doing rooted hair with the 1:3 Myers during production. I even went so far to spend $15k to source mohair locally and sent it to china. Sadly it looked like crap and a barbie doll head so we switch to the fur pelt for 1:3 Myers with the help of our painter Nathan (I need to get that hair back from the factory and sell it, lol). And the results turned out amazing so we did the same for the 1:4 Myers. Which actually makes sense because the 1978 mask didn't have rooted hair.

3. Knife - The knife is metal. This is another example of someone posting "it's not metal" and people just running with it. Here is another fun fact. We would've saved a whooping $0.15 per statue if we didn't do metal and that's because of mold costs of ABS and Metal. So no, PCS didn't cheap out as we kept the knife metal.

4. Base - kid Myers we had to be careful due to likeness issues. But, I'm not happy with the window paints. Could they have done better, absolutely. Do the windows distract from the statue, not in my opinion. I've already spoken with the owner of the factory about the base and he's going to personally QC our upcoming projects. One of the reason we didn't offer the color windows as a separate variant was because we didn't trust China to get it exactly how we wanted it. We thought they would get the mono-chrome right. They still did a good job, but could've been better.

Look, I totally get the passion for Myers. But, wait until you get him in person yourself to make your own judgment because everyone I've spoke with loved him once they got him in person. I've even had people PM me apologizing for flipping out from badly taken "straight out the box" photos because they loved him once they got him in person. But, if you still don't like him then send him back. Everyone has their own opinion and sadly some people lie along with their opinions. As one guy that was trying to blow up our FB group about how he hated Myers 1:4. Some people called him out saying wait to see in hand and of course he said "I already have and sent it back to Sideshow". Which was a bold face lie because at that point in time Sideshow actually didn't even have Myers in their warehouse, lol. Guess people don't think we know this stuff.

I always say buy what you love, but don't put other people down because they love something you don't. Also just wanted to touch on the retail cost of Myers at $600. We actually did our best to keep the costs down for collectors on Myers. We are probably one of the few companies around still focusing on keep costs down as much as we can. And if you think if SS did a PF Myers years from now (which I doubt because they don't have the license, we do) would be under $600 then you would be kidding yourself (unless there is some grand shift in factory pricing). Shoot the 1:2 scale Myers from Prime 1 is $2,000 which was actually up for preorder on 12/19 which was 8 months before our 1:4 Myers. Hope this helps calm down the internet drama.
Thank you for clearing things up. It will go a long way with a lot of people just by you addressing these concerns. And I especially appreciate the transparency.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:32 PM   #317
MASTERSAFARA

Unhappy

The one thing that still bugs me however is the young Myers likeness in the front window. It’s bad enough that the likeness just couldn’t be secured which I hate but understand but also unfortunately the image is on the front of the base! If it was on the back at least I’d never have to look at it. But being on the front you have no choice.
Old 03-09-2021, 11:16 PM   #318
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
The one thing that still bugs me however is the young Myers likeness in the front window. It’s bad enough that the likeness just couldn’t be secured which I hate but understand but also unfortunately the image is on the front of the base! If it was on the back at least I’d never have to look at it. But being on the front you have no choice.
Yeah, I hear ya. It’s a balance act sometimes when likeness rights are involved especially when they aren’t even an option.
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 02:02 AM   #319
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
I didn't know Prime 1 was making a Myers statue!!! 1/3 though right? Depending how bad this one sucks I'll order the Prime 1. Even though I don't collect 1/3.
Correct 1/3 scale.
The 1/4 PCS Myers looks ok to me. I think their 1/3 Myers looked better, especially the pose.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 03:16 AM   #320
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Correct 1/3 scale.
The 1/4 PCS Myers looks ok to me. I think their 1/3 Myers looked better, especially the pose.
It's 1/2 scale, brothers.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote