Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-23-2022, 11:20 AM   #1121
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

In this pandemic era, man.. noone can say for sure.
I wish Frenchie's doing well, all good.. just forgot his password.

Maybe he's still out there, looking at cute sexy statues and said "what is my password?! Merde!!"
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 03:04 PM   #1122
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

I've tried to post some here and there, but this thread just isn't the same without Cancan...hopefully he didn't turn into French Can'tcan't
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 03:24 PM   #1123
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Well your contribution is what makes this thread still alive, mate.

You and cancan are like a perfect tagteam for delivering sexy statues news.
Hope he's back so y'all can post back to back again here in this thread so people will be back to see those sexy girls from front and back.
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 04:22 PM   #1124
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
TAURUS WORKSHOP / QUEEN OF OBLIVION SKALYTHIA

C'mon Babe, wrap your arms around me and let us reconcile.

Size:49cm (L) x 45cm (D) x 61cm (H)

1350$ (Regular)/1500$ (EX)

Regular Features:
- Made in Polystone, PU & metal
- Two interchangeable heads (human & half-beast)
- Two interchangeable arms

Deluxe Features:
- Made in Polystone, PU & metal
- Three interchangeable heads (human, half-beast & full beast)
- Two interchangeable arms
- Two extra portrait stand
- 3D art paint with frame

A beauty.
Well, I hate to prove Silas right, but when he's right he deserves credit. This statue is trash. And its a shame.

Upon unboxing I had such great hope. The first thing I pulled out was the base. And my god is it painted beautifully. The sheen and shine of the scales on the tail is amazing. Second was the body. Her torso is painted in that milky, wax looking paint tone. First sign of disappointment. Up next were both portraits. Both broken. Both of them. Human head had a strand of hair broken off and the transform head had a helm wing broke off. Easy enough fix if I so chose, as they are clean and have keys to glue back in. So didnt look like a break so much as a ----ty glue job. I had to fix a few issues on the Damtoys Warcraft orcs of similar problem and it turned out fine.

But then the true tragedy of this piece. The head doesnt even fit on. The pic attached isnt mean holding it up, its the head just sitting on the body as the snakes provide lack of fluidity to secure the head. The snake hair is rigid hard plastic. A little wiggle but far from super flexible or posable. The head wont fit on the neck key. The front two snakes wont fit over her tits. Good problem to have, for her I suppose. There isnt enough bend to manipulate them to go over, and if you try and wiggle at all, the rear snakes rub against her back leaving ugly green paint smears. Its goddamned shameful. Also, the spring on her arm isnt sculpted, its just attached on. It moves up and down easily, leaving itself to cause more paint scratches due to the bodys style of paint. I opened only one sword hand and same thing, it isnt secure. The sword handle moves freely in her grasp meaning there is no stability. I didnt even open the rest of the pieces. For all I know there are more breaks. I'm so disappointed.

Lucky I purchased her from a reliable retailer. But sadly they say they dont pay for return shipping. I refuse to pay for anything of this product since its not only broken, but defective. Thankfully all payments have been with both paypal credit and my personal credit card. If they put up a fight should be easy enough for me to dispute.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	59A1F487-DE59-416D-89B4-EB551F1F49A8.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	157302   Click image for larger version

Name:	F917DF77-F826-4FF5-947D-725475BD8E1B.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	157303   Click image for larger version

Name:	F2F27D76-869D-4102-8017-0579E01DF39E.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	157304   Click image for larger version

Name:	4B732DB4-95E6-4448-ACE5-0E37672B33C1.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	157305  
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 04:33 PM   #1125
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Sorry to hear about that! What a tragedy this turned out to be
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 01:59 PM   #1126
Thor57
Teen Titans

Okay, time to walk some of that back. Calling it trash was harsh. Thats a discredit to the sculptor. The statue poorly engineered, but I did get it to work. The old blow dryer trick to get the snakes to be a bit more flexible. I'm still not sold on the paint job of the flesh, but the scales are still great. I'm also still not happy about how much plastic is used on the swords and jewelry pieces, but once I started getting it together I understood why. So I'll walk back my trash statement. Its a disappointment from my high expectations, but I do enjoy it. Part of that is coping, part of that is me admitting maybe I jumped to early. Part of it is truth though.
Old 01-01-2023, 03:48 PM   #1127
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Hey Thor,

Sorry to read about the issues with the statues. So far, I think it looks phenomenal. I was trying to order it myself but missed out on the chance (I hesitated at the time because I own the ARH Medusa but I think this one is far superior)

When you get a chance, can you post updated pictures?

I'd love to check em out. Personally, I think this one looks the best out of all of them
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 04:48 PM   #1128
Thor57
Teen Titans

Will do sir. I’m trying to get my room set up and actually record a collection video this evening. After that I can try and get some isolated pics.
Old 01-01-2023, 04:59 PM   #1129
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Well, I hate to prove Silas right, but when he's right he deserves credit. This statue is trash. And its a shame.
Well, if I called this statue "trash" - I can only apologize. I'm just an idiot armchair internet critic, with too much time and too many opinions....ignore 99% of anything I say, and go with what you like.

That said, if I did indeed call this piece trash - please rest assured, it doesn't give me any pleasure that you might come to the same conclusion after buying it. If it's any consolulation, from your photos, the piece doesn't look that bad at all - maybe it can be rescued.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 05:13 PM   #1130
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Well, if I called this statue "trash" - I can only apologize. I'm just an idiot armchair internet critic, with too much time and too many opinions....ignore 99% of anything I say, and go with what you like.

That said, if I did indeed call this piece trash - please rest assured, it doesn't give me any pleasure that you might come to the same conclusion after buying it. If it's any consolulation, from your photos, the piece doesn't look that bad at all - maybe it can be rescued.
You didn?t call it trash. That was my initial statement. My saying you were right was your initial reserve and somewhat mistrust of the unknown company and what product they?d deliver.