Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-14-2017, 04:59 PM   #2061
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
In all fairness batman is slightly oversized. For Bane to be larger than Bats would mean he's a very large piece.
Yeah Batman is oversized , I mean checkout the pics with Supes . You can clearly see he is a monster compared to him.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:11 PM   #2062
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Solid dude! The whole piece feels solid. I can usually move the whole statues with the base to ankther section of my display case but not with Bane. I struggled a bit.
Awesome! This pleases me.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:13 PM   #2063
aa909
The Green Hornet

here's a pic from FB next to some Prime 1 1/3 pieces. Looks to me if he were standing straight up he'd come up to the shoulders of 1/3 Arkham bats... definitely undersized... for 1/3 LMFAO!

aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:59 PM   #2064
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
To be fair, the pics show bane pulled up closer to the camera and batman further in the back. Kind of like how ss shows the pics on their site. Bane should be bigger than this like the newer comics. But this one still looks decent. Not the worst smaller size senerio. Must still say the ex head is awesome! A definite ex or fail to have both option imo. But thanks for the pics. I do say he came out much better than I expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
WRONG! I lined their feet up.
Try again CBG!
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:08 AM   #2065
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Yeah, this is making me rethink the "He's too expensive" stance I've taken. Even though he is too expensive...We'll see I've got a project I'm working on that might net me some extra dough, so Bane might be my celebration present to myself if it all works out.
I was lucky enough to have a $150 in rewards points clear before I POd the EX. I have to be honest though. I'd pay full price to have this PF. It is overpriced but it's not grossly overpriced like the Thanos MAQ. He's obviously much bigger than the average PF so I knew this wasn't going to sell for $550 or less. Either way I had to have this piece. It will look stunning in any Gotham collection. I hope you're able to pick one up.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:18 AM   #2066
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I was lucky enough to have a $150 in rewards points clear before I POd the EX. I have to be honest though. I'd pay full price to have this PF. It is overpriced but it's not grossly overpriced like the Thanos MAQ. He's obviously much bigger than the average PF so I knew this wasn't going to sell for $550 or less. Either way I had to have this piece. It will look stunning in any Gotham collection. I hope you're able to pick one up.
Overpriced is relative, but in today's market, for this size 1/4, full sculpt sans pants, with a solid heavy base, excellent paint apps and QC... it's a good deal IMO.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:24 AM   #2067
Parallax
Nightwing

I don't know why you'd want Bane and Batman to be the same height anyway. Batman is up on a gargoyle standing over Gotham, or at least that's how I picture it. I want him to be standing up over the city and its villains. Either way, I'm hype as hell but a little nervous about not being able to get one. I haven't ordered because I can't afford to right now. If I cancel Lex Luthor, I can probably swing it. I just don't know what I want to do. I'd really rather not miss Lex either, but his small edition size makes me worry. There's no way I can't get Bane though. He's my favorite Batman villain and I have a custom Azrael Batman on order to pair up with him. Hopefully he doesn't sell out too fast.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:18 AM   #2068
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
I don't know why you'd want Bane and Batman to be the same height anyway. Batman is up on a gargoyle standing over Gotham, or at least that's how I picture it. I want him to be standing up over the city and its villains. Either way, I'm hype as hell but a little nervous about not being able to get one. I haven't ordered because I can't afford to right now. If I cancel Lex Luthor, I can probably swing it. I just don't know what I want to do. I'd really rather not miss Lex either, but his small edition size makes me worry. There's no way I can't get Bane though. He's my favorite Batman villain and I have a custom Azrael Batman on order to pair up with him. Hopefully he doesn't sell out too fast.
I reckon you have a few months after they start shiiping the regs.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:09 AM   #2069
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Ok now that the excitement has settled I think I actually found a complaint...

The metal light signal is basically the same color as the stone its sitting on. Too little of paint variation for what should two very different colors and material.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:52 AM   #2070
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Ok now that the excitement has settled I think I actually found a complaint...

The metal light signal is basically the same color as the stone its sitting on. Too little of paint variation for what should two very different colors and material.
Excellent point. Luckily the texture is different. But yeah very very close in color.