Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-07-2020, 07:15 PM   #51
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

It looks very nice and I am tempted to pick it up as Thrall is my favorite character in the whole franchise.

I can't get over the derpy Gamorrean guard jaw though. Orcs have pronounced jaws due to their tusks but this is just overkill in my opinion. I think his in-game models and the official artwork of him are what they should have based his facial design on.

Something like this:

I'm glad you're pleased with him Theokan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
I see what you mean on his skin but his armor though.
Ah, yes. I was only referring to his skin.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:55 PM   #52
theokan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

-

Yes that's also the main problem I have with the face; his lower lips are overdone to a point it's becoming a caricature of an Orc..

At 1/5 scale his overall body and armor does look great, the armor looks big and chuncky, as a whole he looks amazing on shelf, so yes I'm still very happy with him.

Also I happen to like this new look of Thrall so it's a plus for me. He's basically bringing back his Doomplate armor set from WCIII, removed the chestpiece(very Orcish thing to do), and added frostwolf drapes on the waist. I'm all in for this new look.

--
theokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 10:37 PM   #53
Xenoburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by theokan View Post
-

Yes that's also the main problem I have with the face; his lower lips are overdone to a point it's becoming a caricature of an Orc..

At 1/5 scale his overall body and armor does look great, the armor looks big and chuncky, as a whole he looks amazing on shelf, so yes I'm still very happy with him.

Also I happen to like this new look of Thrall so it's a plus for me. He's basically bringing back his Doomplate armor set from WCIII, removed the chestpiece(very Orcish thing to do), and added frostwolf drapes on the waist. I'm all in for this new look.
I agree. I really like the concept they went with for him; a mish-mash of his different looks and statuses from over the years. From the Warchief plate armor to the Frostwolf clan fur. His shamanistic Doomhammer and newer, more tribal axe. Very cool idea.

Contemplating picking this up and having the head customized down the road. That's what I do with a lot of statues I feel are "must-haves" but have certain flaws.

I was hoping Prime 1 would release some Warcraft statues as they announced the Blizzard license...what, 3 years ago?
Old 11-08-2020, 12:01 AM   #54
komodo112

I agree with the majority of the comments here.

Thrall looks amazing but the only thing that's holding me back is his portrait. Especially the lower jaw.

Still tempted. Thrall is my favorite character in the WOW Universe
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 11:51 AM   #55
cyrax83
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

expensive and the face is all messed up, just like Jaina.

He looks like he's about to cry
cyrax83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 05:09 PM   #56
Halcyon
New Republic

Unhappy

I still tried to convince myself after giving it a good overview twice (with maybe i can alter this or that), but no.
And the european pricing is also ridiculous.

If a statue is not 'Great' in your mind the first time, it's not one for the long run.

Really hope, the next one from Blizzard is awesome and affordable.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:54 PM   #57
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
I agree. I really like the concept they went with for him; a mish-mash of his different looks and statuses from over the years. From the Warchief plate armor to the Frostwolf clan fur. His shamanistic Doomhammer and newer, more tribal axe. Very cool idea.

Contemplating picking this up and having the head customized down the road. That's what I do with a lot of statues I feel are "must-haves" but have certain flaws.

I was hoping Prime 1 would release some Warcraft statues as they announced the Blizzard license...what, 3 years ago?
Very cool! Do you post pics anywhere?
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:55 PM   #58
M United
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post

Did you get one for Jaina?
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 03:08 AM   #59
Xenoburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Very cool! Do you post pics anywhere?
I've only had it done to a few pieces so far, and I never took photos myself but I probably have some saved to my old PC. My entire collection is boxed up right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M United View Post
Did you get one for Jaina?
I didn't end up ordering Jaina.
Old 11-20-2020, 10:40 PM   #60
MechWestern

Thrall for 180 off until midnight. Chaps my ass, but good for those waiting.,

https://www.blizzardgearstore.com/ga...D:i-r4c0:po-12
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote