Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-10-2018, 08:42 PM   #491
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I disagree that the end result is "totally lacking", but I do agree that the concept is superior.

Maybe it's that XM has withdrawn some from the forums, or they're on some fb groups I don't follow, but they've seemed less receptive to criticisms of this piece. Or they are, and just haven't revealed changes. I keep hearing whispers that something has changed from prior appearaces, but I don't know what, or if it's even true.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:47 PM   #492
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I disagree that the end result is "totally lacking", but I do agree that the concept is superior.

Maybe it's that XM has withdrawn some from the forums, or they're on some fb groups I don't follow, but they've seemed less receptive to criticisms of this piece. Or they are, and just haven't revealed changes. I keep hearing whispers that something has changed from prior appearaces, but I don't know what, or if it's even true.
Totally lacking might have been the wrong choice of words. But, when I look at the concept art, I get a more sleek, sinister Carnage - even akin to how their Venom is more sleek and sinister. One could even say classy, at least as classy as a serial killer alien symbiote can be

The end statue however, loses that and adds a more messy look, which I'm personally not a fan of. It's not a bad Carnage, it's just not my favorite.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:53 PM   #493
WolverineFan
I am da law!

I think this statue in hand is going to look great. I do think they nailed the transformation head just like they did with Venom.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:22 AM   #494
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I think this statue in hand is going to look great. I do think they nailed the transformation head just like they did with Venom.
I agree!
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:45 AM   #495
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Personally I love this piece. Yes, they should have stayed closer to the original concept. But it's still bad-ass!

The beauty of it is there are now three 1/4 scale Carnage pieces on the market with probably more to come! People have choice and aren't stuck with one option for a character.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:56 AM   #496
Eky
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

XM, SSC and what is the third please ?
Eky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 01:46 AM   #497
Peedi
The Secret Six

Still waiting for somebody to do a more old school comic accurate Carnage one day.

The statues have similar formulas where they make the red parts kind of muscle-like in texture and the black parts the shiny goo. In his typical 90s appearances the red and black were equally gooey. His gooey tendrils were often red or black and red, not just black like they are in the statues.

Look at the trail on that axe down there. He’s fluid and liquidy.

I need a sleek and smooth killer Carnage.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:06 AM   #498
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eky View Post
XM, SSC and what is the third please ?
2 x SS and 1 x XM.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:07 AM   #499
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Still waiting for somebody to do a more old school comic accurate Carnage one day.

The statues have similar formulas where they make the red parts kind of muscle-like in texture and the black parts the shiny goo. In his typical 90s appearances the red and black were equally gooey. His gooey tendrils were often red or black and red, not just black like they are in the statues.

Look at the trail on that axe down there. He’s fluid and liquidy.

I need a sleek and smooth killer Carnage.

IMO the XM looks most like this. The non-tongue portrait is right out of a Bagley panel.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:30 AM   #500
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Hopefully XM starts shipping this in February. It will be six months from pre order by the end of January so it should be arriving soon.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote