Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-23-2017, 02:12 AM   #21
nearmint
Phoenix

I spoke to Jeff at Yamato today. He said the facial features of the original concept were too European. Changes were made so she'd appear more Asian.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:42 PM   #22
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Nice! beautiful face she has. Will she be PVC?
Probably. Since that seems to be the way they are going with their updated releases for Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn, since those are PVC
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:45 PM   #23
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceprince_x View Post
Something is amiss for me...she has to look more fierce like the concept art. Her face is somewhat a Kotobukiya Bishoujo line...too sweet looking.
I have always attributed Katana in the line of Shi, Kabuki and the rest of the Noh Assassins.
If I had one gripe, this would be it. It looks a little too close to what a Bishoujo would look like. I don't like the almost-white pale skin, that most PVC anime figure/statue companies make either.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:28 PM   #24
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
Probably. Since that seems to be the way they are going with their updated releases for Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn, since those are PVC
Yamato usually offers both, although I miss when the resin versions were quarter scale. These recent Royo designs (along with the new Harley, Black Canary and Zatanna) are the first of the DC line I feel deserve the bigger size.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:18 PM   #25
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
Yamato usually offers both, although I miss when the resin versions were quarter scale. These recent Royo designs (along with the new Harley, Black Canary and Zatanna) are the first of the DC line I feel deserve the bigger size.
yeah, I know they usually offer Resin first, before moving to PVC later. But it seems, at least in my eyes, that the resin releases never sell out. Even the EE exclusives take awhile to sell out. And if they do sell out relatively fast, they are easy to get on the secondary market for about the same price as retail None of them are huge successes. I am just starting to wonder whether Yamato is gravitating more towards PVC to keep prices low, and perhaps have better success. That's just a speculation on my part, though.

Btw, they have shown Zatanna and Black Canary? I totally missed that news somehow!
Old 07-31-2017, 09:56 AM   #26
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
yeah, I know they usually offer Resin first, before moving to PVC later. But it seems, at least in my eyes, that the resin releases never sell out. Even the EE exclusives take awhile to sell out. And if they do sell out relatively fast, they are easy to get on the secondary market for about the same price as retail None of them are huge successes. I am just starting to wonder whether Yamato is gravitating more towards PVC to keep prices low, and perhaps have better success. That's just a speculation on my part, though.

Btw, they have shown Zatanna and Black Canary? I totally missed that news somehow!
Just sketches on Zatanna and Black Canary...

Since Yamato doesn't have Edition Sizes it's hard to tell if they're just over producing statues or if it's because of all the variants they do which is causing the statues to stay on the market for so long.

I did notice that all their Greek Myth statues ended up on BBTS.com for $99. I glad I sold mine when I could still get retail for them.

It's one of the reason I've held off on getting the Batgirl statue, I know it's going to go up for sale sooner or later, the exclusive has already dropped to $180, I expect that will be in the $99 bin before to long. I'm betting on that the original will go up for sale for $150 sooner or later.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:43 AM   #27
QX403
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Just sketches on Zatanna and Black Canary...

Since Yamato doesn't have Edition Sizes it's hard to tell if they're just over producing statues or if it's because of all the variants they do which is causing the statues to stay on the market for so long.

I did notice that all their Greek Myth statues ended up on BBTS.com for $99. I glad I sold mine when I could still get retail for them.

It's one of the reason I've held off on getting the Batgirl statue, I know it's going to go up for sale sooner or later, the exclusive has already dropped to $180, I expect that will be in the $99 bin before to long. I'm betting on that the original will go up for sale for $150 sooner or later.
I hope you're kidding on the edition size. Katana is Resin like the rest of the statues, then PVC. Posion ivy sold out very very quickly. EE Wonder Woman didn't sell out because they made 500 of them and they were only sold at EE in the beginning. Edition sizes pictures attached, not all of them but I think you get the point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2246.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	278.6 KB
ID:	108022   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2247.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	316.2 KB
ID:	108023   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2248.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	297.2 KB
ID:	108024   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2249.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	270.7 KB
ID:	108025  
QX403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:07 PM   #28
QX403

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow.broker View Post
Ah here we go again, great concept art which will be poorly transfered to actual statue. Yamato should really concentrate on their fantasy line and trillion iterations of Harley Quinn. They are good at those two things.

EDIT: found a picture of whole statue

How's that? Looks just like her comic book character before New 52 and even takes some of those elements.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2255.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	108045   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2256.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	108046   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2253.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	108047   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2250.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	245.1 KB
ID:	108048  
Old 09-18-2017, 12:14 AM   #29
Conehead
Luke Cage

skin seems a little to pale....but I like it.
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:07 PM   #30
QX403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
skin seems a little to pale....but I like it.
Skin color is hard to pin down sometimes because different colorist will change the color sometimes.