Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-08-2019, 02:37 AM   #1
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

What is a low/high edition size?

Hello everyone,

Sorry if this question has been asked before. I've seen many threads complain about edition size (for statues), but not really any that say what is a low/high edition size. At least, I couldn't find any when I searched.

I am still new to the limited edition statue collecting game. So was wondering what counts as low/high edition size? Would 1500 be low/high for an example? Or does it depend on the piece?
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 04:36 PM   #2
supermetroid
Teen Titans

It depends on so many factors. 1st is if it's not desirable at all then 50 ES could be too high, on the other hand if it's highly sought after it could still do well in the aftermarket with 2,000+ ES. And now with so many companies there's more choices so it's overall saturating the market, but still some new statues can be valuable. I think a good example of a great statue that has a high ES would be the first Wonder Woman PF which I believe has 7,500 including Exclusives and Regular versions.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:07 AM   #3
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
It depends on so many factors. 1st is if it's not desirable at all then 50 ES could be too high, on the other hand if it's highly sought after it could still do well in the aftermarket with 2,000+ ES. And now with so many companies there's more choices so it's overall saturating the market, but still some new statues can be valuable. I think a good example of a great statue that has a high ES would be the first Wonder Woman PF which I believe has 7,500 including Exclusives and Regular versions.
Thank you for taking the time to reply!! What you say makes sense. With the saturation of the market, you do have a point in that even a low edition size probably won't matter. Interesting dynamics at play with the collecting thing that I have never thought about till now!

Thanks again!
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:41 AM   #4
ukshaun
Hercules

While there are no exact numbers, not to mention grey areas, the numbers might pan-out something like:

50 - 450 low

650 - 1200 medium

1500 - 2650 high

3000 - 5000+ too high

I guess different collectors have varying definitions of low - high
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote