Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-13-2019, 09:48 PM   #2381
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Why the hell didn't I rewatch this? Instead spent the last month playing the Telltale game.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:21 AM   #2382
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Why the hell didn't I rewatch this? Instead spent the last month playing the Telltale game.
the writing of the last couple seasons is about equivalent to the Telltale game so you broke even really.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:19 AM   #2383
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Currently watching the entire series from the beginning. Bigger task than I anticipated. Started a month ago and halfway through S5 so likely won’t be starting the premiere of S8 until the second episode next week.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:29 AM   #2384
MrYac
Hercules

I thought it was pretty good, aside from the always terrible Greyjoy moments. I was a little disappointed in the Arya/Hound reunion but there's time for that. Which was kind of the theme of the episode, getting all the players in one spot so they can talk about that time they bumped into each other.

the ending really caught me off guard though, it totally slipped my mind that Jaime pushed Bran and killed the Mad-King, so lots of hilarity shall ensue for sure now that he's in town.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:31 AM   #2385
built2shred
Phoenix

I'm sure the first 2-3 episodes is mostly setting everything up for the big battle that's to come... So I wouldn't expect to much action yet...

I also forgot about Jaime and Bran... been awhile since I've seen the first season... Still the first episode of season 8 was pretty good... I only wish HBO would drop the whole season like Netflix does so I could binge watch it It's going to suck waiting a week for each episode to come out..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:54 PM   #2386
Y3E
Gen 13

It was an ok start. The scene with the "boy" was pretty good.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:07 PM   #2387
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

seemed rushed to me...important moments people have been waiting for since the beginning were just glossed over, emotional impact seemed low, I think this season will be very rushed and unfulfilling but I hope im wrong!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:00 PM   #2388
Demona
Martian Manhunter

A weak start that was made weaker by fan service moments with dragons, Jon, and Dany. I get why they had a slow start, people need to get to their respective cities.

I’m over the Hyprocrit Queen and I was soooo pleased when Sam called out her behavior to Jon. I am very interested to see how she behaves when she is told she does not have claim to the Iron Throne. Will The North will revolt to back Jon and she loses her $hit? Man, I hope so.

I did enjoy Tyrion seeing Sansa, and Bran and Jamie coming face to face after all these years.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:07 PM   #2389
built2shred
Phoenix

I think part of the Dragon thing was to show that the Dragons were being friendly to Jon as if they knew he had Targaryen blood in him...

So the Dragons might not be 100% loyal to Daenerys after all....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:29 AM   #2390
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I think part of the Dragon thing was to show that the Dragons were being friendly to Jon as if they knew he had Targaryen blood in him...

So the Dragons might not be 100% loyal to Daenerys after all....
Yeah, thought the same thing when the dragon was staring at Jon, "Your kissing your aunt!!"
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote