Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-23-2019, 04:12 PM   #331
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by twstd View Post
Oh I'm just referencing recent pricing in the hobby not relative to other stuff. Not indicating any type of bargain one way or another

That Venom though was priced at least a couple years ago though. This Hulk and the Nosferatu Zodd are at least same day reveals.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:21 PM   #332
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I just picked up that P1 Venom and it nothing short of astounding. For the price in this day, it's a no brainer. Absolute stunner
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:33 PM   #333
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Sideshow will continue to push us on price. The only way things change is when we stop paying these ridiculous prices. Say no.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:37 PM   #334
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
The price is getting roasted, not the statue. Majority of people on FB like the statue but hate the price.
And the price should get roasted. It's outrageous ...and unjustified.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:37 PM   #335
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

There will inevitably always be people who say No, it's just a matter of whether or not there are enough people to say Yes for them to be justified in continuing what they're doing.

And for the record, neither side is "wrong." We all have our budgets, limits, wants, etc and it isn't up to anyone else to decide what those are for other people. But this conversation has and will continue to be had forever. We all have to decide for ourselves what our limits are because others aren't obligated to have the same.

Having said that, I guess I will just be surprised if there are enough buyers out there to justify the prices of both Hulk and Juggernaut. I'm just not sure how many buyers there are out there willing to pay ~$1,400 for either of these. Yes they exist, but I'd really love to know how many units sold constitutes a "success" for them.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:37 PM   #336
leplant
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzeroI View Post
The price is getting roasted, not the statue. Majority of people on FB like the statue but hate the price.
I remember this time I was sitting in a restaurant, when I was approached by my server. She said someone who wished to remain anonymous picked up my check. I can’t remember what i was eating, but that was the most delicious meal I’ve ever had.
leplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:38 PM   #337
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Sideshow will continue to push us on price. The only way things change is when we stop paying these ridiculous prices. Say no.
YOU CAN Do It!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	122824  
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:39 PM   #338
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Yup, strongly concur!

Hope no body buys this statue. SSC can keep it.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:41 PM   #339
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
There will inevitably always be people who say No, it's just a matter of whether or not there are enough people to say Yes for them to be justified in continuing what they're doing.

And for the record, neither side is "wrong." We all have our budgets, limits, wants, etc and it isn't up to anyone else to decide what those are for other people. But this conversation has and will continue to be had forever. We all have to decide for ourselves what our limits are because others aren't obligated to have the same.

Having said that, I guess I will just be surprised if there are enough buyers out there to justify the prices of both Hulk and Juggernaut. I'm just not sure how many buyers there are out there willing to pay ~$1,400 for either of these. Yes they exist, but I'd really love to know how many units sold constitutes a "success" for them.

Hope they got a big wherehouse
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:43 PM   #340
IzeroI
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
And the price should get roasted. It's outrageous ...and unjustified.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leplant View Post
I remember this time I was sitting in a restaurant, when I was approached by my server. She said someone who wished to remain anonymous picked up my check. I can’t remember what i was eating, but that was the most delicious meal I’ve ever had.
IzeroI is offline   Reply With Quote