Old 08-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #31
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
Printer/Scaner Go with a all in one
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16828115773
Any particular reason for this one?
If I wanted to print photo quality would this be any good or should I opt for a laser printer?
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:00 AM   #32
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I need a computer also..

Gave my newish Dell desktop computer to my Mom for her classroom's computer lab, so now I just have this 4 year-old (though very reliable) Gateway laptop.

Probably goin' the Apple route for the first time. Lots of associates in my profession use Macbook Pros (and Apples, in general) for their studio work as it has a ton of audio editing tools (my field of work), so I think I'm gettin' one.

Good luck, Omar!
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #33
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
I need a computer also..

Gave my newish Dell desktop computer to my Mom for her classroom's computer lab, so now I just have this 4 year-old (though very reliable) Gateway laptop.

Probably goin' the Apple route for the first time. Lots of associates in my profession use Macbook Pros (and Apples, in general) for their studio work as it has a ton of audio editing tools (my field of work), so I think I'm gettin' one.

Good luck, Omar!
Keep a eye on this site

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

will help you in case you are ready but they are gonna update the MBP in a few weeks to just hold out.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #34
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
If I wanted to print photo quality would this be any good or should I opt for a laser printer?
Stay away from ink jets, its old tech and you will end up with more issues then a lazer printer.

If you do some research you can find a decent lazer with cheap inks off ebay. Sure lazer printer inks can be expensive but in the long run you wont end up with clogging, leaks, dried out inks like a inkjet.

At my job we were going thru a ink jet a year, till we got the lazer printer and its been runing fine for 3 years now. I got a mother lazer printer for my home use (only black and white) but its damn good and the inks off ebay are like $50 cheaper then at staples etc..

The color lazer we have is good on plain papper for color, just never got photo paper for it to test to see how it works.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #35
dr_teng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
Are you a photographer/have a need for a printer that will print photo-quality? I wouldn't spend near $400+ on a printer unless you're making prints for archival purposes/selling them.

It's far far cheaper to get a regular decent inkjet for $50-$200 that will print good enough for most purposes and then buy prints off of Walmart/online services unless you're putting out a serious amount of high quality photos.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #36
Primal
Batman

Well sometimes mom wants vacation pics printed for a good old fashioned photo album so I'm wondering whether I should do this at home or have it sent out. How much do places like walmart/cvs/duane reade charge for printing pics off a cd or thumb drive?
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote