Old 12-04-2015, 11:05 AM   #1501
johnclone
The Enchantress

She's quite a huntress. No safe place from her justice on the entire world. lol
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:54 AM   #1502
johnclone
The Enchantress

I think by now everyone will agree that unless HBO is totally trying to destroy it's hit show and alienate thousands of thousands of viewers, Jon Snow is going to be back in season 6. I am really getting annoyed at how many articles are still being written asking "Will Jon Snow return in season 6?" and even the ones that are like "proof Jon Snow is going to be back in season 6" - Enough already.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:04 AM   #1503
jamepeytoni011
Kindly Asked To Leave

i just hope it's not too big budget that they kill the series early
jamepeytoni011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 11:19 AM   #1504
johnclone
The Enchantress

20 days to go

I cannot wait.
Old 04-04-2016, 12:31 PM   #1505
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Couldn't care less about Jon Snow, I just hope the Red Witch gets her nawks out more in Season 6.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:40 PM   #1506
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
I think by now everyone will agree that unless HBO is totally trying to destroy it's hit show and alienate thousands of thousands of viewers, Jon Snow is going to be back in season 6. I am really getting annoyed at how many articles are still being written asking "Will Jon Snow return in season 6?" and even the ones that are like "proof Jon Snow is going to be back in season 6" - Enough already.
I haven't heard anyone say they would be pissed if Jon Snow doesn't come back. I've heard a lot of speculation but not any real alienation factor if he his history. Unlike say Walking Dead the TV show for GOT tracks pretty closely to the written material so I guess it is still up in the air but whatever they do in the books is probably what they will do in the show
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:54 PM   #1507
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I haven't heard anyone say they would be pissed if Jon Snow doesn't come back. I've heard a lot of speculation but not any real alienation factor if he his history. Unlike say Walking Dead the TV show for GOT tracks pretty closely to the written material so I guess it is still up in the air but whatever they do in the books is probably what they will do in the show
Has the show reached the point yet where it's ahead of the books so there is no more source material from which to pull? I read somewhere that it will happen soon if it hasn't happened already and then events on the show will be a surprise for everyone, not just for people who haven't read the books.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:02 PM   #1508
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yes, ParisDean, we are thisclose to being out of material from the books. HBO has milked that source dry. Meanwhile, Martin is too busy partying like a boy who wasn't popular in school but now is the IT thing and therefore he hasn't finished a book in over two years!!

But I digress.

There are a few more things that could be brought in from Book 5, but they were very small and the show seems to have diverged from a way to seamlessly add those things in as it would require brand new characters with ties to old, well known ones.

In terms of Jon Snow, he was ambushed just like in the books and readers do not know his fate either. All of the juicy stuff (IMO) HBO has shown and now must go off their own creative direction and how Martin plans to end the book series.

We aren't ahead of the books yet but starting this season we sure will be probably as quickly episode 1!! And as a reader, I'm happy to be enjoying the show "spoiler" free
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:29 PM   #1509
johnclone
The Enchantress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Couldn't care less about Jon Snow, I just hope the Red Witch gets her nawks out more in Season 6.
That's a given.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:35 PM   #1510
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Has the show reached the point yet where it's ahead of the books so there is no more source material from which to pull? I read somewhere that it will happen soon if it hasn't happened already and then events on the show will be a surprise for everyone, not just for people who haven't read the books.
Actually they have kind of gone a different way on that. They are using all or most of the book material for some storylines of the book but just completely ignoring others. There is a bunch of Bran stuff and Caetlyn Starkand some other stuff they haven't done at all. The hound is handled different in the show than the books (with the same result though) and a few other minor differences but mainly follows the books pretty closely.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote