Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-16-2019, 10:22 AM   #7991
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
I went with the black frame...i thought the white would sell out too.
Have you gotten yours yet?

Really curious to see if they live up to the hype in person. I generally just spend $10 or so on a print from art.com and buy a matted frame for another $25. This thing is literally ten times the cost of my normal art investment �� haha

The black looks good too. My walls are all gray through, and the entire house has white doors, molding and baseboards, so black always looks out of place with such contrast.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:44 AM   #7992
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I mixed it up this time and went with the Aluminum art prints for Captain Marvel and they seem to be popular.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:47 AM   #7993
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
I mixed it up this time and went with the Aluminum art prints for Captain Marvel and they seem to be popular.
The way ss packs these is going to cause all kinds of problems. They use a very small weak box and a tiny ding would cause the metal print to dent. Ridiculous packaging on metal prints.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:02 PM   #7994
KOrigin
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Have the Captain Marvel #1 lithograph arriving today. My first print from them. I ordered the white framed version in fear that'd sell out and that was clearly wrong lol. Hopefully it was worth it

My Thor Breaker of Brimstone arrives today too! So excited, but I've been having a horrible time with quality control issues on my last several purchases. Wish me luck!
Nice, I received my unframed version last week, I feel happy with the purchase, will need to frame it later though.
I prefer anti-glare glass and I read that sideshow frames don't have that so I decided to frame it after the fact.
GL with the QC
KOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:12 PM   #7995
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
The way ss packs these is going to cause all kinds of problems. They use a very small weak box and a tiny ding would cause the metal print to dent. Ridiculous packaging on metal prints.
Please don't say that...
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:19 PM   #7996
maximus_73
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
That print is made from Acme archives so it won’t have Sideshow’s seal.
Thanks for clarifying. Here how it looks for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190415_212343-01-01.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	611.7 KB
ID:	122733  
maximus_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:05 PM   #7997
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
Have you gotten yours yet?

Really curious to see if they live up to the hype in person. I generally just spend $10 or so on a print from art.com and buy a matted frame for another $25. This thing is literally ten times the cost of my normal art investment �� haha

The black looks good too. My walls are all gray through, and the entire house has white doors, molding and baseboards, so black always looks out of place with such contrast.
Got mine few days ago...same day delivery...bonus of living in SoCal...the certificate is large and in a plastic sleeve attached in the back of the frame.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 05:22 PM   #7998
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Please don't say that...
Yes it's true. It's the luck of the draw. I just got my first one and it happened. Just a tiny dab into the box dented my metal print. The box was not even damage. Just something stab a tiny hole during transit. The packaging is not strong enough on the metal prints. Also some here said they heard some had bent prints. It's the cheap light weight cardboard thin boxes. If they used stronger boxes even the same size, it would eliminate so many damages. Now this got me worried on the incoming orders. SS better have replacements for my sake. The print was smaller than I expected. Thinner as well. But I don't mind. It saves me space when I display it. I liked the colors on the metal print. Also another thing I dont like is how the back of the metal was all scratched up with some deep lines into the metal. But that;'s the back so I let that slide. The print seems very fragile. I was worried I may bend it just by holding the corners or the paint may crack or pull off if anything hits it b y accident. Because of this I will want to get something to protect the entire metal print like a clear box frame or any ideas? There's really not much choices that's affordable. I might make a custom wood box frame and look at what's out there to cover that's the front of the print. Something clear.......
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:33 AM   #7999
Agent_J.Warren
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_73 View Post
Thanks for clarifying. Here how it looks for now.
I love how clean your display is. I've seen photos of it many times before, and now I know the owner. Looks good!
Old 04-17-2019, 12:39 AM   #8000
Agent_J.Warren
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Yes it's true. It's the luck of the draw. I just got my first one and it happened. Just a tiny dab into the box dented my metal print. The box was not even damage. Just something stab a tiny hole during transit. The packaging is not strong enough on the metal prints. Also some here said they heard some had bent prints. It's the cheap light weight cardboard thin boxes. If they used stronger boxes even the same size, it would eliminate so many damages. Now this got me worried on the incoming orders. SS better have replacements for my sake. The print was smaller than I expected. Thinner as well. But I don't mind. It saves me space when I display it. I liked the colors on the metal print. Also another thing I dont like is how the back of the metal was all scratched up with some deep lines into the metal. But that;'s the back so I let that slide. The print seems very fragile. I was worried I may bend it just by holding the corners or the paint may crack or pull off if anything hits it b y accident. Because of this I will want to get something to protect the entire metal print like a clear box frame or any ideas? There's really not much choices that's affordable. I might make a custom wood box frame and look at what's out there to cover that's the front of the print. Something clear.......
This makes it clear to me that I should never buy another print from them again. I received my framed Captain Marvel #1 today, and it seems fine. I have not removed the bubble wrap yet, but the outer box had been ripped open at the bottom and it felt like a card-stock, rather than a shipper box.

If I'm paying $350 for a framed print and "that" is how it is shipped...well, that's pretty disrespectful to the consumer. I can't wait for them to complete their x-men line because I'll stop ordering their Sideshow stuff altogether. When you're paying (overpaying) that much, at least spent more than $0.50 on a damn box. Not sure if it's greed, stupidity, or both, but it really bothers me. Okay...rant over haha.