Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-31-2019, 03:55 PM   #21
French Cancan
Deadman

Anyway, I had decided to make my next P1orders on the P1 site. If in the meantime an EU warehouse appears, well, it will be perfect.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:56 PM   #22
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glencairn View Post
Indeed, it must be humiliating to churn out overpriced products with bad QC, while your competitor is producing proto quality pieces with good price and QC
I’m definitely a Prime 1 fanboy, but QC hasn’t exactly been great lately. In the last month or two, enough of their statues have come with problems to be a concern.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:02 PM   #23
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Will a new US warehouse mean their JP license can finally be purchased directly without having to deal with Chronicle Collectibles? I certainly hope so...
I doubt it. As Chronicle seems to hold the distribution licence within the US for Jurassic Park pieces.

However I believe only the initial preorders were handled by Chronicle, than after a certain amount of time after the intital preorder window, Chronicle allowed Sideshow to open their preorders for the same pieces.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:48 PM   #24
SkiaEsh
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I doubt it. As Chronicle seems to hold the distribution licence within the US for Jurassic Park pieces.

However I believe only the initial preorders were handled by Chronicle, than after a certain amount of time after the intital preorder window, Chronicle allowed Sideshow to open their preorders for the same pieces.
They allowed Sideshow to have some of Iron Studios's pieces, but I don't remember any P1 JP/JW pieces popping up on Sideshow's site.
SkiaEsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:56 PM   #25
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiaEsh View Post
They allowed Sideshow to have some of Iron Studios's pieces, but I don't remember any P1 JP/JW pieces popping up on Sideshow's site.
You’re probably right as all I remember for sure are a few 1/10 scales pieces. I thought there was one larger scale Prime 1 piece, but I’m probably wrong on that score, as I don’t follow that line that closely.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:17 PM   #26
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I’m definitely a Prime 1 fanboy, but QC hasn’t exactly been great lately. In the last month or two, enough of their statues have come with problems to be a concern.
I think we're the only ones that complain though. 95% of the buyers don't post here and probably got properly painted statues with no breaks. For me, the Flash was a major let down, but for all I know, only like 7 out of 500+ were stinkers.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 09:34 PM   #27
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I think we're the only ones that complain though. 95% of the buyers don't post here and probably got properly painted statues with no breaks. For me, the Flash was a major let down, but for all I know, only like 7 out of 500+ were stinkers.
Well the Beserker Armor was recalled, too many just on this board had broken legs on their AK Catwoman (I think it was like 5 at last count), The Flash had those terribly fitting effect parts. Venom had at least one broken Tendril for quite a few collectors. And I know I’m forgetting another piece which had issues beyond just paint.

And regarding Flash, even on the Facebook groups they had the same issues. Of course some were the same posters as on here.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:39 PM   #28
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Which struck me as rather odd, considering Sideshow is distributing for both Prime 1 and Chronicle. I do believe Chronicle has the distribution rights for collectibles within a certain price range, so the small JP pieces Prime 1 is offering may finally be made available abroad. That's my hope at the very least.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:36 PM   #29
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Sideshow wanted too much to sell the P1 JP stuff so they couldn't work out a deal with Chronicle.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 02:18 PM   #30
Araxel
Fantastic Four

What do you guys expect from Prime 1 warehouses?
Lower or higher prices overall?
Better customer service?
Better QC?
Araxel is offline   Reply With Quote