Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 06-14-2014, 06:43 AM   #1
Spyderz
Frackin!

Bowen Marvel statues better in QC than SS Polystone ones? how do they do it

i collect bowen marvels and sideshow star wars mythos.
both are polystone statues
comparing side to side, i see a vast difference in terms of paint apps and qc
while bowens are pretty much consistent and close to...flawless paint, with SS its pretty much hit and miss.
throughout the five statues, i had one or two so so paintings, another that resulted in a full body replacement due to certain areas being shoddily patched up by filler paint.

i am not sure if i am plain lucky that i havent received duds from bowens, or plain unlucky that I havent had a good experience in SS polystone statues
dont get me wrong...i like the mythos statues, but the experiences make me feel apprehensive if i plan to order SS polystones ever again
but i am just plain curious on is there a difference on how they produce their statues
Spyderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #2
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

You just said it all. Although I love Sideshow, Bowen is on a level of its own when it comes about QC. At least, in the recent years.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:12 AM   #3
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
You just said it all. Although I love Sideshow, Bowen is on a level of its own when it comes about QC. At least, in the recent years.
Ditto this remark. I cant remember the last time i heard of any paint issues with a Bowen statue.
Old 06-14-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
gomur
The Tick

Not to say there's a relation, but my buying experience has seen better QC and paint application on the SS comiquettes versus their premium formats. Sadly, for me, there is less emphasis on comiquettes these days. I'm glad for the J. Scott Campbell line and I'm anxiously awaiting their Black Cat release.

Bowen does an incredible job with their paints, but they're not immune to the occasional miss (Thanos on Throne, Ultimate Cap). More times than not, their formula works to perfection. That and great customer service.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:15 PM   #5
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

The reason is the "man". Bowen is an artist himself and he expects high quality. It cost money for high quality. Sometimes you have to lose money on a deal for quality. I still remember when he destroyed, I believe, the whole first run of Zombie because it was not up to expectations. It delayed the statue but when it came out it was a really nice statue.
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:09 PM   #6
travis
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsarri View Post
100 freakin percent right
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:16 AM   #7
Spyderz
Frackin!

comments like these still make me feel glad that at least bowen has not reached to the state of SS is now...some shoddy business practices (recent kenobi mythos stunt) and compromising of qc..
though if bowen does star wars in addition to marvel, i would drop SS in a heartbeat
Spyderz is offline   Reply With Quote