Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-13-2021, 01:07 PM   #1121
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I think those are vastly different priorities.
I couldn't agree more. This forum:
Shipping Container > Hospital

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 01:17 PM   #1122
jeremydmc
Black Panther

California's AB5 law isn't helping. There is a shortage of trucks to move the containers from the docks and the law prohibits a lot of independent truckers from operating in the state. The Supreme Court refuses to look into it and the President couldn't care less either. It's not the underlying cause to this shipping nightmare but it's not helping at all either.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 01:49 PM   #1123
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
California's AB5 law isn't helping. There is a shortage of trucks to move the containers from the docks and the law prohibits a lot of independent truckers from operating in the state. The Supreme Court refuses to look into it and the President couldn't care less either. It's not the underlying cause to this shipping nightmare but it's not helping at all either.
There's news coming out now that Biden does plan to address this.

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/13/10455...s-at-u-s-ports
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 02:45 PM   #1124
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
There's news coming out now that Biden does plan to address this.

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/13/10455...s-at-u-s-ports
He's addressing the dock situation but not the law that prohibits freelance drivers from working in California. After doing a bit more research on AB5 I have discovered the president intends to enact a similar law nation wide.

There is currently (According to several news stories) a 6:1 ratio of containers on the docks to trucks able to legally haul them in California. If you keep the docks open 24/7 and offload more containers from ships to the docks it is only going to make the ratio larger.

There was yet another law passed by California even before AB5 that made $200 Billion dollars of active diesel engines illegal to operate in the state for air quality reasons. It covers any diesel engine manufactured before 2011.

"For older vehicles, they must be either replaced with a 2011 or newer vehicle or repowered with a 2010 or newer engine."

I do not see this ending anytime soon no matter what is done at this point. Covid issues added to this made a mole hill into a mountain.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 03:12 PM   #1125
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I could see idling laws in place to protect the air, but for this it should be consider almost a state of emergency. How much water off the shores of California are being put in danger of various accidental pollution by ships just sitting there?

COVID, lack of drivers, and such have even affected aspects of my job and I regulate hazardous waste management. Generators are finding their waste disposal sites are backlogged and they have no place to send it. So there it sits on their sites...we've had to write exemptions here and there. I imagine larger states are much worse off.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 03:51 PM   #1126
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I could see idling laws in place to protect the air, but for this it should be consider almost a state of emergency. How much water off the shores of California are being put in danger of various accidental pollution by ships just sitting there?
This is a very solid point that I don't see discussed nearly enough.

I'm really unsure why this hasn't been addressed yet, it's a very major problem.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 06:28 PM   #1127
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
If TH holds all/any shipments untill they can deliver to every orders, this will not happen.

The options are:
Delay for all orders till they can ship to all,
or delay only to their direct buyers and ship those orders from elsewhere..

Maybe they decided to just ship what they can in order to get things done slowly but sure, but maybe they are creating new issue because now people will start to hesitate ordering directly from them..
If they fulfill the Sideshow orders they get paid for those orders (deposits and flex-pay, at least). Sitting on product and completely shutting down revenue is not a great plan. Not to make certain customers slightly less annoyed.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 09:25 PM   #1128
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
If they fulfill the Sideshow orders they get paid for those orders (deposits and flex-pay, at least). Sitting on product and completely shutting down revenue is not a great plan. Not to make certain customers slightly less annoyed.
Ah that's true. Good point!
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 10:31 PM   #1129
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
Ah that's true. Good point!
I ordered both Catwoman and Poison Ivy direct from Tweeterhead, so I'm waiting too!
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 10:35 PM   #1130
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

My mind was blown when I read the docks aren't already running 24/7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Yep. Drivers don't want to set foot in CA because they are so unfriendly to big rigs. The Northeast is not much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

COVID, lack of drivers, and such have even affected aspects of my job and I regulate hazardous waste management. Generators are finding their waste disposal sites are backlogged and they have no place to send it. So there it sits on their sites...we've had to write exemptions here and there. I imagine larger states are much worse off.
Newer trucks idle so clean that it's silly to force these DEF systems on them. All they do is clog up the engine every 100K miles. Just another grift to sell DEF and APUs.
Plus we don't want our drivers to burn up (summer) or freeze (winter) while they're sleeping. We would starve without them.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote