Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-30-2020, 09:36 AM   #701
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post
Sideshow is pretty much OVER.

I realize a lot of people here are fans and in complete denial but it is what it is.

Pretty much every other player in the market, and that means Iron Studios, XM STudios, Prime 1, Queen Studios, Infinity Studios etc..., are delivering constantly better pieces than Sideshow. And I am not even mentionning their atrocious QC. It's the only company that sends to people who bought them new, the returned broken statues of other people.

SHAMEFULL
Well I have a dozen of XM statues and believe me QC is not better than Sideshow...and the customer service is worse! It's always a pain in the ass to have a replacement (you have to send back damaged piece...)
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:02 AM   #702
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Well I have a dozen of XM statues and believe me QC is not better than Sideshow...and the customer service is worse! It's always a pain in the ass to have a replacement (you have to send back damaged piece...)
I think regardless of company, you have to either destroy or send back damaged piece. It's not just XM or SS.. P1, Iron Studios, all the same...
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:09 AM   #703
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Stop buying recasts, smart guy!

And stop spreading lies. Anybody who ever bought from XM and SS will always say that XM QC is leagues better than the lowest benchmark in the industry, Sheepshow.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:12 AM   #704
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Sometimes Sideshow smash it out the ballpark.
Their recent'ish Black Widow 1/4 turned out good.
That is also true. SS has been delivering some good statues (mind you, never really great). That Widow is nice, so is the newest Gambit or Scarecrow.

But for one such statue, SS will produce tons of crappy ones (mainly Wolverines or Batmans...but that's a whole other debate).

Also, I hope for you that you didn't have to send 3 defect ones to get the one you like! Yes that's how abysmal their QC and production quality is.
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 08:34 PM   #705
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Have any other owners who have utilized the light up feature on the gauntlet noticed that the batteries go dead really quick? I'll have it on for a few hours, turn it off, do that 1 or 2 more times, and it seems like the batteries are dead after that. It's almost as if when I click the button to turn it off the lights go off, but it's still draining the batteries down or something.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:41 PM   #706
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Have any other owners who have utilized the light up feature on the gauntlet noticed that the batteries go dead really quick? I'll have it on for a few hours, turn it off, do that 1 or 2 more times, and it seems like the batteries are dead after that. It's almost as if when I click the button to turn it off the lights go off, but it's still draining the batteries down or something.
Batteries suck a$$. For what these cost should have been USB powered...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 04:49 AM   #707
CWalker
The Avengers

Not sure how long it should last mva5580.

If you left a flashlight burning for hours, it'd probably die too. I only leave mine on for short periods, so no experience with hours. I'll experiment next time I'm in my office for a long time.
CWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 08:47 AM   #708
TimeZ
Fantastic Four

Anyone from the UK ordered this through specfiction? I paid for express shipping 16 days ago and still it hasn't been shipped. Kinda bummed that i was invoiced for shipping when it wasn't even ready to ship. especially when shipping alone cost me $1000. Is Todd normally reliable? as this is my first order through spec.
TimeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 09:15 AM   #709
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeZ View Post
Anyone from the UK ordered this through specfiction? I paid for express shipping 16 days ago and still it hasn't been shipped. Kinda bummed that i was invoiced for shipping when it wasn't even ready to ship. especially when shipping alone cost me $1000. Is Todd normally reliable? as this is my first order through spec.
Todd is awesome and it's normal for the invoice for shipment takes a little time. Reach out to him, he's a great guy and generally very quick to reply to inquiries (I source all my pieces through specfiction and never had a problem).
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 09:46 AM   #710
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeZ View Post
Yes, Todd is reliable. I'm US based but have ordered all my XM pieces from him without issues. Shipping has been slow overall this year. My two most recent orders took around a week to be picked up by DHL. I don't think Todd has control over that though. Wouldn't hurt to check in with him.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote