Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-29-2015, 07:00 AM   #31
wanderlai
The Tick

Damn got the notice to...smh.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:04 AM   #32
thepurist
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This sucks big, BIG time. I have Thanos and Phoenix POed with them. Not sure what I am going to do.
thepurist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:12 AM   #33
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Same her pfff it sucks but I am glad they wont cancel right away so people like us can keep out options open!

Omg this Phoenix statue will we the end of me + if only those changes where not made she would be here already!
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:17 AM   #34
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
You can blame Marvel for this. Don't see how this is anything do to with SS. They have forked out for an international license and are entitled to protect their interest. It is up to XM to get bigger so they can afford similar license. This is no different from US TV stations protecting their broadcasting rights for say the Super Bowl.
I'll respectfully agree to disagree Bulls. Would Marvel really have come down on XM without someone else complaining? I doubt it but then that's my opinion. Disney cares more about the bottom line than anything else (we've seen that with their stance on movie license issues) so something like this would only have been an issue for them if it was an issue for ANother license holder in a region different to XM. The only company that is likely to have done so would be SS. I fully understand that they would try and protect their interests but this is a bit like the pot calling the kettle black e.g. SS shipping Bowen stuff outside of NA.

XM also have a legitimate license as well. And I think a lot of people are surprised about this whole retailer restriction - seems to be a new thing a lot havent heard of before. I wonder if SS are stopped from shipping Marvel statues to their region?? Perhaps XM should look into that.

I think it is more like XM have to get big enough to be able to kick up a fuss when something doesn't go in their favour. SS is and has been for a long time a big gateway for disney / marvel stuff to be sold in the US and internationally so they perhaps have a strong voice in that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I always go back to the comment by Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park....."life finds a way." Funny how some try to implement all these failsafes and try to prevent other people/companies etc. from achieving or doing something....but in the end it always comes back and winds up biting them in the ass and they screw themselves..
Exactly! Like the avatar tagline btw. Nice touch
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:17 AM   #35
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

no thanos for me then, and now ill only get like $135 of the $150 deposit, these companies really do enjoy ripping people off.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:23 AM   #36
Rooper
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sv7nd View Post
Does this mean that guys like Mark and Kenny can no longer get bulk purchases direct from XM and then on sell to non licensed overseas countries?

As they are in essence an overseas non-official distributor that XM supports and helps facilitate. At least this is how I understand their relationship though comments and posts made on the forum...
Kenny indicated to me he was affected by this as well. Haven't heard anything from Mark, but I have several pre-orders through him and it'll suck losing them
Rooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:37 AM   #37
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooper View Post
Kenny indicated to me he was affected by this as well. Haven't heard anything from Mark, but I have several pre-orders through him and it'll suck losing them
hope i can still get my wolverine from Mark. and if i can keep him for star wars that would be great. i feel bad saying this but i hope he doesnt take on anymore people. he already has a tough time communicating with the current amount of people he has.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:08 AM   #38
built2shred
Phoenix

Yep, I just got the same Email, I'm losing Phoenix and Ms. Marvel.

Losing the ability to buy XM Stuff won't make me buy more from SS. I doubt it will for any of us so in the end SS QQ'ing won't increase their business. The reason people left or started to buy less is because of their QC issues and not because of XM.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:17 AM   #39
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
I understand they're not retailers, but I have seen comments by XM Studios in the past stating how they want to help overseas members etc. and having mentioned these names is all. These people are also getting more than the limit of 2 per customer that XM states they enforce to avoid scalping etc.
It's posts like this that get us in trouble

Take out the names and if you have questions, you should email those people directly (like I did). Not put it on a public forum.

And when I hear something directly from a source, I will PM you the information.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:19 AM   #40
qz33
Doctor Doom

The private guys are definitely affected too. They are still distributors and are restricted to sales of only 2 per final customer as well as the zoning restrictions.

I think the cause and enforcement of this are fairly simple. Too many XM statues were making into the US with too easily traceable methods. Disney's stance is probably for XM to just do something about it no matter what or they will cancel their license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
XM will be just fine, for a good number of reasons.
US Marvel collectors, on the other hand, are the ones getting the stick.
I'm still curious about how legit retailers like SimplyToys are being forced to observe the same restriction XM has. This is new.
Quote:
Does this mean that guys like Mark and Kenny can no longer get bulk purchases direct from XM and then on sell to non licensed overseas countries?

As they are in essence an overseas non-official distributor that XM supports and helps facilitate. At least this is how I understand their relationship though comments and posts made on the forum...
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote