Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 07-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #21
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Also will the ryu that was shown earlier be released in 1/4 scale? Love the intensity in the sneaks shown thus far.
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #22
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Lord Apocalypse View Post
This is just amazing news! E, I'm more interested in the "bigger scales" part of your comment earlier. For people that only collect 1/4 scale, it's good to have fully sculpted SF pieces.

Even though the odds are slim, Please oh please release Akuma in 1/4 scale next.
Why would the odds be slim for him at that scale?
Are you serious? you read my mind I was thinking he may be the first one in a larger scale..1/4th would rock.... and how about busts?
We can do those too... maybe 1/6th and half scale?
what do you think?

I am thinking museum for larger stuff....
Action for our 1/6th line.

Last edited by ZKULPTOR; 07-05-2012 at 09:23 PM.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #23
High Lord Apocalypse
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

personally i dont think you should waste your time on busts. PCS makes quality pieces (with some issues like most companies) and sideshow can't seem to get rid of those busts.

i think 1/6-1/5 and 1/4 are two good markets as far as scale is concerned.

anyway i'm all over the 1/4 scale stuff. i hope 1/4 scale stuff gets released at the same schedule/frequency along with the 1/6 scale releases.
High Lord Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #24
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

im not really into busts, but would need to be cost effective for me to purchase them.

If you look at how sideshow does the LSB busts, style like that but in same size of bowen bust could work. Just a idea.
Vince-Vell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #25
FROBAY
Phoenix

1/4 scale for me please. I welcome new SF statues.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #26
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Personally I like 1/6 because of the saved space plus fully sculpted is great! How far are you taking the 1/6 line with Street Fighter? By that I mean, are we at least looking at the original 12 World Warriors? I would be upset to collect several 1/6 scale SF characters, but find out later that at least the original 12 weren't going to be completed.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:41 PM   #27
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I think it's safe to say that Erick won't let you down.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #28
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

^
I'm sure not, but when you start focusing on multiple scales along with busts and beyond, it's not hard to start neglecting the different scales. I mean look at PCSC. There's so many licenses and different scales that the focus is lost. Dioramas, 1:3 busts, 1:1 busts, 1:4 mixed media, 1:4 fully sculpted, 1:3 fully sculpted, 1:6 figures. It's a cluster. I want to commit to a SF line that has a steady focus on the line and scale.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #29
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Personally I like 1/6 because of the saved space plus fully sculpted is great! How far are you taking the 1/6 line with Street Fighter? By that I mean, are we at least looking at the original 12 World Warriors? I would be upset to collect several 1/6 scale SF characters, but find out later that at least the original 12 weren't going to be completed.
We are fans of this IP, and I promise you, we are doing every character from the original 8 plus the 4 bosses. Not only that but we will be making all the newer characters from SF3 and SF4... I mean ALL!

It won't matter to us if we only sell say 50 of Rose, or any other character, who cares? we keep moving to others, no matter if we only sell 25 or say 100 copies of each... it just doesn't matter.
We don't have a huge overhead, and our deal with Capcom allows us to do extremely limited runs....this is the whole idea behind Prototypez Studios, we are catering to the hardcore fans of say even the most obscure characters...we are not really looking to become rich from this venture.

We bring 1st generation model kits to you, how that turns out afterword....is entirely up to you... basically you are getting a one of a kind, and not a mass produced 3rd generation product.

We are looking to carve a name within the SF community... and we will....once that name is established then other type of more evolved product will come...and that my friend is a dream come true.
Erick Sosa CEO Prototype Studios
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #30
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Thank you, Erick

Btw, you know I want a rematch, right?
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote