Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-22-2018, 12:30 PM   #51
Yuppy1123
Frackin!

Psylocke digital rendering in 2017...2018 nothing yet . Why show digital render so early if statue goes for po in 2019 or later ?
Yuppy1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:53 PM   #52
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuppy1123 View Post
Psylocke digital rendering in 2017...2018 nothing yet . Why show digital render so early if statue goes for po in 2019 or later ?
From what I understand she was fully rendered, and they were forced to put her on hold (probably due to Sideshow revealing their mess).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:54 PM   #53
actionjackson83
Midnighter

all statues you see from sideshow that you expect from XM to make you can guarantee they've probably already started making them they're just forced to put them on hold by SS and Disney. Brown wolverine is a perfect example. Psylocke & Rogue also fall under this hold I suspect.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #54
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
all statues you see from sideshow that you expect from XM to make you can guarantee they've probably already started making them they're just forced to put them on hold by SS and Disney. Brown wolverine is a perfect example. Psylocke & Rogue also fall under this hold I suspect.
Spot on...
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:23 PM   #55
captoz
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Well SS don't appear to be making Nightcrawler and Beast, so c'mon XM this is the perfect opportunity to tackle the blue X-men and the most visually interesting out of the bunch also.
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:30 PM   #56
Yuppy1123
Frackin!

I wonder where this "SS decides what statues are being released " comes from. Unless you guys show a post from Xm or from SS saying or implying this I am just thinking it's coming from someones ass
Yuppy1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:52 PM   #57
silentwinter92
U talkin' to me?

It’s the pattern you see between these 2 distributors, one example would be the poison ivy incident.

When poison ivy was first revealed she had a very nice side pony tail head sculpt. When it came to production, it was totally scrapped and everyone didn’t know why.

It was only when sideshow revealed their own more horrible poison ivy with the side ponytail portrait that everyone caught on.

It makes a lot more business sense to not have products overlap and xm is still playing 2nd fiddle to sideshow.

Prime 1 on the other hand is in their own league and can do w/e hell they want.
silentwinter92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 01:56 AM   #58
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwinter92 View Post
It’s the pattern you see between these 2 distributors, one example would be the poison ivy incident.

When poison ivy was first revealed she had a very nice side pony tail head sculpt. When it came to production, it was totally scrapped and everyone didn’t know why.

It was only when sideshow revealed their own more horrible poison ivy with the side ponytail portrait that everyone caught on.

It makes a lot more business sense to not have products overlap and xm is still playing 2nd fiddle to sideshow.

Prime 1 on the other hand is in their own league and can do w/e hell they want.

Not really, if Prime 1 wants to do 1:4 scale they have to kiss SS butt like they did for the 1:4 New 52 statues they did and then give SS part of profits.... The only thing they can do is 1:3 since SS doesn't have any of those licenses or cares to do that size.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:03 PM   #59
cjacobs83
Justice League

Curious if XM is still making this?
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:02 PM   #60
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacobs83 View Post
Curious if XM is still making this?
Hope so. I bet XM would make a gorgeous Psylocke and Rogue.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote