Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-17-2018, 03:21 PM   #51
FJC
Midnighter

We have no reason to doubt Tweeter. I have no fear that a Big 7 original lineup will not happen. Hell, we already have Martian Manhunter and he's arguably the least known Big 7 member. Not to mention some of the other lesser known DC characters Tweeter already has in the works. Has any other company already released a Donna Troy, Steppenwolf, or Mr. Mxyzptlk statue? I think we are in good hands with Tweeter.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:22 PM   #52
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWEN NUT View Post
I'd like to think Tweeterhead is gonna due an Aquaman.... but since it isn't confirmed and nothing has been mentioned I hold my doubts for the Original 7 JLA.
Well he is part of the kenner superpowers line so pretty safe bet he'll be done. That and the fact that he has one of the best costume out there (deathstroke beats him in that dept.).
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:28 PM   #53
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
Myself included. Tweeterhead has had this licence for about 6 months and they've already put 3 of the original 7 members up for pre-order with Batman, the Flash, and the Green Lantern all scheduled for release before the end of the year. And I imagine Aquaman won't be far behind. If you like fully sculpted and don't mind 1/6 scale, they're the only way to go at this point.
Yeah, sideshow has me raging right now. I bought their first 5 JL PFs. Just need a Flash and Martian Manhunter to finish off the 7 original members. Who knows if they'll make them, and if they do, I dread to think what sideshowified costumes they will be wearing.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:31 PM   #54
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Well he is part of the kenner superpowers line so pretty safe bet he'll be done. That and the fact that he has one of the best costume out there (deathstroke beats him in that dept.).
Geez, if Tweeter nails a classic Perez Deathstroke, one of my dreams will have come true.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:24 PM   #55
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Geez, if Tweeter nails a classic Perez Deathstroke, one of my dreams will have come true.
It will probably instantly be my favorite statue ever produced.
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:39 PM   #56
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWEN NUT View Post
I'd like to think Tweeterhead is gonna due an Aquaman.... but since it isn't confirmed and nothing has been mentioned I hold my doubts for the Original 7 JLA.
I don't understand how you can doubt they're going to do Aquaman. And here's why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Has any other company already released a Donna Troy, Steppenwolf, or Mr. Mxyzptlk statue? I think we are in good hands with Tweeter.
A Mr. Mxyzptlk statue! Come on, how on earth are they not going to do Aquaman? ;-)
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:53 PM   #57
BurningRage
Inhumans

I wonder if they’ll continue to make lessor known characters if sales aren’t good.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:56 PM   #58
statue-man
The Riddler

With all these heroes, we need some bad guys

Brainiac, Luthor, and Darkseid to name a few. Maybe the Legion of Doom

statue-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:01 PM   #59
bwestley13
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
I wonder if they’ll continue to make lessor known characters if sales aren’t good.
They have always gone more for niche/cult items. Pieces like Mr Mxyzptlk are slated with an edition size of 250. Even more popular figures like Joker, Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman have been announced to have only 1500 reg and 500 EX.

As long as they are able to sell every that they make, they are doing well. If you see someone selling something for 30% off, they are not losing money on it, that is under still under standard mark up for a third party. Hopefully they will keep up with the great Black Friday deals.
bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 03:22 AM   #60
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

What Tweeterhead is currently putting together with their Super Powers line is really a dream come true for me. Since I started collecting I always hoped we’d see a company do what Bowen did for Marvel but with DC. Great character diversity and a price/scale that allows one to collect a wide assortment of heroes/villains without breaking the bank or needing an addition built onto their home to display it.

Based on the list posted it’s looking like I’m in for at least 19 pieces. I need to free up some serious room. It’s exciting to be in on the ground floor with this.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote