Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-14-2019, 02:10 PM   #231
PacMan3000
The Spirit

I have the XM Gambit pre-ordered, but I think the Sideshow Gambit looks very good.

The problem with Sideshow is that I always worry about execution. I never worry about that with XM. Statues are always going to come with a break here and there, but I never worry that the XM's paint application is going to look bad, or that parts of the statue didn't get their full attention in the QC department. I have the Sideshow Daredevil and like it quite a bit, but the paint on the skin/mouth is sub-par, for example. With XM, I always feel confident that what I see in the prototype will look almost exactly like what I see when I unbox the piece.

I also think, too, that XM does a better job in their ambitious efforts with their statues. So, while I really do like the Sideshow Gambit from the one photo, the criticism I'd have for it is that his knee/leg is clearly where the peg is--it's too obvious to me. It almost reminds me of the Iron Studios Iron Man Civil War statue, where you could tell the peg was in his knee and a bunch of rocks were holding/balancing the statue. I just think XM does a better job of these kinds of things.

Although, if I'm being fair, Sideshow's Rogue and X23 are quite good in this area.
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:26 PM   #232
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

The color looks much better in person. I saw him last year at STGCC 2018.

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:41 PM   #233
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Is that a new card? Cool add if it is, but not sure playing cards would bend like that.
Cards bend like that when they are shuffled and again when you followed up with the bridge shuffle.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:49 PM   #234
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
The details on the XM version are far superior. You can just simply look at the hair or jacket and see. SS one will be cheaper. Just depends which pose you like better or your budget. Both are really cool.
While I have this guy on order, The collar jacket details is my least favorite part. I just feel that the color is a bit too light and the details is a bit too much that it look like a croissant.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 09:53 PM   #235
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by morty76 View Post
So what do people on here think about the new sideshow Gambit?
A lot of people are saying that the Sideshow one is better. Is anybody going to try to cancel their XM studios Gambit preorder to get the sideshow one? For me I'm sticking with the XM Version even though I think it's too expensive.
I have the XM on order and plan on following through. That said, SS's looks really good to me too. At least going by only one pic. Shockingly, I think the SS is even more comic accurate which I like. I also like the SS energy trail better, though I wish it was all four aces. My solution will be to buy both and keep the one I like best once I have both in hand. I truly think this is a rare case of you can't go wrong either way.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:40 PM   #236
brs1002
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
I truly think this is a rare case of you can't go wrong either way.

Wholeheartedly agree. I'm going to defer on finalizing my opinion regarding which one I like more as we haven't seen the physical SS version quite yet...however there's nothing wrong with liking two statues of the same character.
brs1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:01 AM   #237
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Cards bend like that when they are shuffled and again when you followed up with the bridge shuffle.
It's a stiff bend, though. I can buy this one bending to some extent. A big part of what I'm talking about is in this pic. The way it appears to ripple or flail, if you will.

Could be lighting...could be the angle. Could be a proto issue and not the final product. Could be explained away with superhuman strength/energy or something. Looks funky, though. In any case, it's probably removable. So, not that big of a deal imo.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:26 AM   #238
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Odd design choice to have the card bending like that.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:25 AM   #239
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Odd design choice to have the card bending like that.
It´s called movement.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 04:36 AM   #240
Kessiah
A day without sunshine is like... night.

That's just the prototype. Look at official pictures, the card hold between fingers doesn't bend.
Kessiah is offline   Reply With Quote