Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-09-2017, 05:19 PM   #391
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Legends of Tomorrow is unwatchable. Acting is horrible.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:39 PM   #392
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Legends of Tomorrow is unwatchable. Acting is horrible.
Yep, Can't watch it.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:46 AM   #393
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I'm barely paying attention to Arrow at this point. I'll be honest, the best written show out of the 4 right now is Supergirl, which seems to have gotten better with each season.
Respectfully disagree about Supergirl. It was my favourite superhero show but now it is like nails on a chalkboard for me. The unending and repetitive relationship angst has destroyed this show from the highs it hit last year. The interpersonal dynamics were contrived to begin with, now coupled with bad writing, they are near unbearable.

Ironically Martian Manhunter has the most natural reactions and responses to the behaviours of those around him.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:21 PM   #394
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Respectfully disagree about Supergirl. It was my favourite superhero show but now it is like nails on a chalkboard for me. The unending and repetitive relationship angst has destroyed this show from the highs it hit last year. The interpersonal dynamics were contrived to begin with, now coupled with bad writing, they are near unbearable.

Ironically Martian Manhunter has the most natural reactions and responses to the behaviours of those around him.
Yeah I have to disagree with you. the first season was probably the worst acted CW show to date and the plots were razor thin, but as they've gone on the acting has improved dramatically and I actually appreciate that the relationships around them have real situations and aren't perfect. They're exploring different themes in those relationships and how Kara reacts to them without her having to be in the relationship herself. Also how she deals with loss, and leans on those around her to get through things she can't punch her way out of.

Like I said, I actually like what they've done, now if they just keep repeating the last two season that might get annoying, like arrow.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:34 PM   #395
built2shred
Phoenix

I tried to watch Supergirl on and off but I'm not a fan of the actress that plays supergirl, hate the supergirl outfit, hate that they want to neuter men on the show to prove that girls are better, what happen to men and women being equal?!? It just went a bit to far with the whole girl power thing. It might make it more popular with girls but IMO they're going to drive off their male audience which given their ratings you need both to watch...

The biggest problem with these shows is as the ratings drop the budgets keep getting smaller which means production quality starts to drop big time. It's like Smallville the first 4-5 seasons everything was shot outside which made the show feel more natural, then seasons 6-10 everything was done with studio sets and green screens... just made the show feel very small and synthetic. I'm starting to see the same thing happen with these shows...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:53 AM   #396
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
This last "Bachelor Party" episode may be the worst I've seen. It's almost as if the show is being sabotaged from within to suck. If its stays this stinkeroo, I'm betting season 4 will be it's last.
Just watching this now (I have to PVR my shows and watch them later) and what the hell is this? I chuckled when I first heard #feminism. Then the 2nd person said it seriously. Then the third said it seriously. Then the next scene the one girl explained she was stripping to show that a powerful woman can blah blah blah. And I was like... oh.

I don't want identity politics of the real world in my ESCAPISM COMIC BOOK SHOWS.

I mean the main story of the episode is Frost battling the girl from Battlestar. That was good enough. You don't need to look at the camera and say "Women can do what you do".
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:49 PM   #397
built2shred
Phoenix

Because a handful of jackasses took advantage of women in the workplace were going to have to suffer through a bunch of pro feminism in all the shows for awhile....

Men Suck, Women are Awesome and can do things so much better then men... That's the story will have to listen to for the foreseeable future....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:58 PM   #398
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Because a handful of jackasses took advantage of women in the workplace were going to have to suffer through a bunch of pro feminism in all the shows for awhile....

Men Suck, Women are Awesome and can do things so much better then men... That's the story will have to listen to for the foreseeable future....
where have you been bud? that's been the prevailing message on tv since the mid 80's. I can't remember a sitcom where the girls didn't always dominate and show those dumb old boys why girl-power rocks! Dad is a bumbling idiot while Mom is the only reason the house is still standing, that's been the TV formula for as long as I can remember.
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:23 PM   #399
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

You guys, I always find a little funny when a bunch of guys get twisted over a little girl power in an otherwise male dominated arena. So they had an episode about the girls doing something, granted it was poorly written and cheesy as hell, it's not like it's the predominate theme of the show.

It's kind of sad in 2017 the attitude towards females getting an episode to say "hey we can do this too", even if poorly written and cheesy, gets the stink eye from guys.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:25 PM   #400
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I tried to watch Supergirl on and off but I'm not a fan of the actress that plays supergirl, hate the supergirl outfit, hate that they want to neuter men on the show to prove that girls are better, what happen to men and women being equal?!? It just went a bit to far with the whole girl power thing. It might make it more popular with girls but IMO they're going to drive off their male audience which given their ratings you need both to watch...

The biggest problem with these shows is as the ratings drop the budgets keep getting smaller which means production quality starts to drop big time. It's like Smallville the first 4-5 seasons everything was shot outside which made the show feel more natural, then seasons 6-10 everything was done with studio sets and green screens... just made the show feel very small and synthetic. I'm starting to see the same thing happen with these shows...
Where exactly did this happen? If I recall Jon Jonzz is still running the DEO and central to the core of the show. Is it female centered? Yeah, but no one is neutering anyone else.