Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-31-2017, 03:39 PM   #4241
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic View Post
The email lingo suggests that the unframed versions are only available if they haven't sold out of the framed.
If this is already wait listed for the framed version that would mean they sold through all 200 and are acquiring a list for additional people if any of initial 200 drop off...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:41 PM   #4242
Gianco
X-Force

I don't get it, this is an ugly Deja vĂș.......

Why not an exclusive ES of 1.250 or even 1.500 on this statue? I remember the "good old days BS" when you had to seat in front of the computer, waiting for the item to go up for pre-order and deal with servers down, frozen screens and praying to be "lucky enough" to get an order through and I personally wouldn't like to go back to that never again.

What is this thing now "Collector's Edition"? Is the regular version going to be numbered or is it an open edition?

I don't know if any of you is feeling the same way but these kind of things plus the prices rising like crazy and the QC issues are killing the joy of the hobby for me and I'm far from being a completist or a flipper. I'm buying a lot less, almost at a point of becoming a viewer in this forum, right now I have only two pre orders active with Sideshow.....

Just a humble opinion of a +15 years collector of statues, busts, props and replicas.
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:43 PM   #4243
ambasah
Red Skull

weird, I got the invite but didn't order the statue. they usually hold off a portion of the prints for Monday. I would be shocked if they actually sold them all after advertising they would be available on another day....good way to piss off a large portion of your fanbase.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:54 PM   #4244
Aphotic
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Rather it be priced higher and more limited. As a collector I personally am fine with low numbers and if I miss it then that's my loss and mine alone, not going to piss about it. I like the exhilaration of getting a hold of a limited piece and watch it sell out, btw, SS is not the only company that does this, especially in the world of high end collectibles.
Aphotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:59 PM   #4245
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Any waitlist conversation for the ex yet? Or is that too early.?
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 04:09 PM   #4246
sparda
The Avengers

Waaaaay too early.I'd be surprised to see a significant nr of conversions btw.
sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 04:10 PM   #4247
Fremen
Birds of Prey

I got the invite. Went and ordered the QMX Star Trek Dr. McCoy figure instead. (I know, no ones cares)
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 04:30 PM   #4248
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I don't mind the fast sell out, what's annoying is I just have an AMEX card to use for SS and the short notice before the PO just made me not even try for this.

I kind of liked not worrying about SS Ex's selling out so fast though, it's chaotic enough with some of the PCS statues lol. I wonder if the "regular" is open ES if it'll keep the prices of the Ex more reasonable or it won't matter?
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 04:38 PM   #4249
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Doubt you will see any waitlist conversions until 7-9 months from now. Any significant amount of conversions will come right before shipping time.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 06:06 PM   #4250
Sushi_Monster
Kindly Asked To Leave

I dont know why people are moaning about the regs still. Once the Infinity Wars movie hits, and they see Thanos on the big screen, all of them will be sold out. And people whining about passing because they missed an exclusive, will be kicking themselves in the ass, cuz now they can't get a reg. Both ex and regs will rise in value.
Sushi_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote