Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #5341
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
close...to...retail?
It may look bad now with all the hype. But at 1200.00 and 750 that's still enough to go around. Don't forget many collectors are buying way too much stuff taking up all the space available. There's so much stuff out there now and prices are like 1k or close to it. People can only take so much in due time. The crash is coming and even this goblin king will not be safe with this insanely high price. It's been so long that I've seen a ss statue double in the aftermarket. I can't think of any which worths a lot with the newer releases, higher Es and like double or triple the starting prices. I do say if any will be a grail this is the one which could be the one since the original hulks or doom. I must say ss has got me excited again with this. I will wait for now to look for this. Why pay a premium now with the massive hype and none released yet. For now I just bought the Viking girl with the coupon and looking at some p1 along with a close eye on the rebel girl with the guns from rogue one.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:57 PM   #5342
TruckerJoe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Insanity. Beautiful insanity. That is this thread.

I've been pretty PC... BUT.... can't believe people are still crying about the PO process. How did I, a lowly Canadian, who has NEVER PO'd a piece from Sideshow IN MY LIFE, manage to know the time and place to order the EX? It wasn't a government secret. It wasn't an "insiders" secret. Without having any advantage over anyone else, I was able to be ready to hit f5 and snag an order so I think everything was perfectly fair.
I absolutely agree it was a fair PO process.I was able
to drive my 18 wheeler and keep refreshing until Thano's
went up for order. Swerved onto the shoulder in heavy
traffic,ordered and got back (ON THE ROAD AGAIN)
TruckerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:27 PM   #5343
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Hardcore right there TruckerJoe
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #5344
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerJoe View Post

http://store.steampowered.com/app/227300/

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:56 PM   #5345
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerJoe View Post
My man truckerjoe was swerving through traffic in a 18 wheeler to secure a PO, he has thereby nullified all excuses of not being able to PO
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:49 PM   #5346
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

TruckerJoe deserves this piece! Got it done!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:28 PM   #5347
NamesJay
The Spirit

I wish they would cease taking orders on the Collectors Edition now. I don't want this thing available still when product start shipping.
NamesJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:55 PM   #5348
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Until SDCC probably...
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:00 PM   #5349
Canadaguy705
Sailor Moon

I wouldn't be surprised if the collectors edition is an open or huge ES.

Sideshow will argue ES collector's get what they want with the low ES EX.

And those people who want to get the statue regardless will have no problem with the Collectors edition.

Although I'm not a big ES guy, I'd still hate to see the market get flooded with this beauty.
Canadaguy705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 08:03 PM   #5350
HBK83
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
It may look bad now with all the hype. But at 1200.00 and 750 that's still enough to go around. Don't forget many collectors are buying way too much stuff taking up all the space available. There's so much stuff out there now and prices are like 1k or close to it. People can only take so much in due time. The crash is coming and even this goblin king will not be safe with this insanely high price. It's been so long that I've seen a ss statue double in the aftermarket. I can't think of any which worths a lot with the newer releases, higher Es and like double or triple the starting prices. I do say if any will be a grail this is the one which could be the one since the original hulks or doom. I must say ss has got me excited again with this. I will wait for now to look for this. Why pay a premium now with the massive hype and none released yet. For now I just bought the Viking girl with the coupon and looking at some p1 along with a close eye on the rebel girl with the guns from rogue one.

The market is flooded. The only thing really keeping it afloat is more and more people are joining the hobby. So many people sharing their collections and setups have ushered in a whole new world of collectors as well as the movie verse, more and more people who never read a comic are collecting because of the cool factor.
Also many characters have never been on a licensed piece on the larger scale. I can name 30 plus characters I would love to have in 1/4 or 1/3 that have never been created. The crash will only hit the companies hard. At the end the rest of us serious collectors will be here in a flooded market. Statues will eventually be dirt cheap again because the casual collectors will sell off. If you are holding these statues as an actual investment and plan to sell longer than 3-4 years out. You probably are going to take a loss.
I like to say after marvel starts rebooting movies with new characters and actors ,if your not in it for the long haul sell right before then.
HBK83 is offline   Reply With Quote