Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-22-2022, 05:03 AM   #381
Dandoc
Birdman

Just wondering where this leaves existing pre-orders?

I think this is all good news.
Dandoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:06 AM   #382
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alshadow View Post
I guess this further cements 1/4 as the "standard" size for statues these days. As long as they keep the 1/6 line alive I'm happy to have this option to accommodate all collectors.
On TH site you can still place orders for all their reveals dating back 1 year ago. Technically when you click the item - it will now re-direct you to SS site.
But the point is - even been exclusive to one scale these products are still not sold out (premium versions aside).

The impact of future (if not some/all past) TH products going into 1/4 scale is obvious to me.
1/6 scale was a niche - with no company championing it anymore encouraging collectors invest into original sculpts ignoring scale - I struggle to see bright future as 1/6 collector.

Then again question of quality is still open.
It is clear that 1/4 can offer more details. You have like 1,5 more size to work with. Therefore if the execution quality will be 100% identical - it will be unfair for 1/4 collectors. If 1/6 will offer less details - then the scale will turn into a budget version of a full scale product. Not something I need from 500$+ premium collectible statue.

Which is why I do not like the idea of multi-scaling the same sculpt.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:13 AM   #383
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

I'm wondering if this turn of events opens the door for more obscure characters or variants?

Could having Sideshow's reach and distribution make something like the Perez Zatanna, Red Tornado, or more classic variants (like Flash) possible?
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:16 AM   #384
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateon View Post
On TH site you can still place orders for all their reveals dating back 1 year ago. Technically when you click the item - it will now re-direct you to SS site.
But the point is - even been exclusive to one scale these products are still not sold out (premium versions aside).

The impact of future (if not some/all past) TH products going into 1/4 scale is obvious to me.
1/6 scale was a niche - with no company championing it anymore encouraging collectors invest into original sculpts ignoring scale - I struggle to see bright future as 1/6 collector.

Then again question of quality is still open.
It is clear that 1/4 can offer more details. You have like 1,5 more size to work with. Therefore if the execution quality will be 100% identical - it will be unfair for 1/4 collectors. If 1/6 will offer less details - then the scale will turn into a budget version of a full scale product. Not something I need from 500$+ premium collectible statue.

Which is why I do not like the idea of multi-scaling the same sculpt.
I don't agree. As long as 1/4 statues keep pushing that $1000 price range, there's going to be a market for smaller statues like 1/6 at half the cost.

I also don't look at 1/6 as a budget version, I actually like that scale. Sure most my pieces are 1/4, like most people and you are of course right that it's more detailed but I'm liking my 1/6 pieces more and more. It's coming down to size and space constraints now, so 1/6 is very welcome. I need to stop buying massive displays, my place is soon gonna run out of room lol.

Tldr there's a market for both and collectors all have different lines and scales they collect. I don't see any scale (like 1/6) going anywhere anytime soon and at least for me, by the time it does I'll be long gone from this hobby.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:39 AM   #385
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
I don't agree. As long as 1/4 statues keep pushing that $1000 price range, there's going to be a market for smaller statues like 1/6 at half the cost.

I also don't look at 1/6 as a budget version, I actually like that scale. Sure most my pieces are 1/4, like most people and you are of course right that it's more detailed but I'm liking my 1/6 pieces more and more. It's coming down to size and space constraints now, so 1/6 is very welcome. I need to stop buying massive displays, my place is soon gonna run out of room lol.

Tldr there's a market for both and collectors all have different lines and scales they collect. I don't see any scale (like 1/6) going anywhere anytime soon and at least for me, by the time it does I'll be long gone from this hobby.
If youtube channels are of any indication - Hot Toys aside 1/6 scale is far from being popular.
Money wise - go to TH facebook and read comments.
There are many saying that now ppl can justify buying TH it being 1/4. And I?ve seen such comments for years whether it was XM or TH.

Collecting these statues is a premium hobby. And becomes more and more so with prices ever going up.
Therefore collectors who are into it feel more or less secure financially to go bigger scale. Once again watch youtube channels. Ppl have rooms dedicated to the hobby.

Ofc there are different collectors there. But TH being another company going 1/4 scale simply proves - that is where the industry standard is.

I?ve never had an issue with any scale - there were simply those I do not collect.
But as was mentioned before - TH struggles to sell their products them being solely 1/6. Ppl may like the sculpt and stuff but eventually there are not sold items 12 months after PO went live.

I cannot see how moving a chunk of these orders to 1/4 will help 1/6 to survive.

And again - you basically seconded my thought that 1/4 should/will have more details.
How nice is it to own a demo version of a real product?
It is a premium collectible item sold at a premium price.
C-class auto compared to D/E-class vibes should not be a thing.
Yet this where the hobby is now.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 11:32 AM   #386
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I can definitely agree that a lot of collectors want the 1/4th scale but I do not think that 1/6 scale is going anywhere. I also think that there is a market for a smaller scale as well. For almost two decades look at the statues that DC produced- the were around a 1/8th scale. The Covergirls line and the Bombshells line were hugely successful as well as the Batman Black and White series. I have no doubt that if DC started to produce statues in the 1/8 size (or whatever size it was) there would be a huge demand for them. And a lot of those statues were very well done also.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 11:58 AM   #387
FJC
Midnighter

How many times have we seen collectors say "I'll pass because this is not in 1/4 scale"? This is a win-win for both Tweeterhead and collectors. 1/6 collectors will still buy 1/6 offerings. They're not going to stop just because a statue they like is getting released in 1/4 scale too. Now, Tweeterhead will be able to move additional units of the same sculpt by catering to a market they weren't a part of. It makes perfect business sense.

I'm all for this. Especially since Sideshow is NOTORIOUSLY SLOW or flat out refuses to release DC characters we want in 1/4 scale. Two Face, Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, Riddler, Penguin, Nightwing....the list goes on and on. XM jumped into the classic 1/4 DC game but they are notorious for adding to/changing costumes way too much for my tastes. All those belts, buckles, pouches, zippers, and straps they add to costumes I find personally annoying at times. Not to mention the higher prices and RIDICULOUS cost of shipping on XM merch right now.

It's fantastic that we have another player in the 1/4 DC game. I'm thrilled with the news. I'll buy a 1/4 Martian Manhunter, Deathstroke, Two Face, Ra's al Ghul, or Deadshot instantly if they look good and Tweeterhead ever releases them in 1/4 scale. Hell, for a killer looking true classic Perez Deathstroke, I'd buy that in both scales.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 01:02 PM   #388
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Sure don?t get where people are saying Tweeterhead is having problems selling their product. Almost always they end up selling out and don?t have to do second chance like SS does.
Old 01-22-2022, 01:06 PM   #389
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Sure don?t get where people are saying Tweeterhead is having problems selling their product. Almost always they end up selling out and don?t have to do second chance like SS does.
It isn't on TH, it is the characters they have done (which I'm grateful for) have at times been harder to make large ES for.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 01:11 PM   #390
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
It isn't on TH, it is the characters they have done (which I'm grateful for) have at times been harder to make large ES for.
Then Sideshow is having problems. Can still buy their Flash that was announced in 2019. There?s lots others that are still available for purchase that were announced over 2 years ago.