Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-22-2022, 01:16 PM   #391
Augen
Metal Men

Which is why so many companies go back to the tried and true well of infinite Batman statues.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 01:18 PM   #392
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
HELL YES, LET'S GO! A 1/4 classic Perez Deathstroke PLEASE! Igo, don't mess this one up. Collectors NEED a straight up classic Perez Deathstroke after the Deathstroker PF disaster. Here's a chance to make everything right. I'll take a 1/4 Martian Manhunter too.

I'll second that motion! Deathstroke and Martian Manhunter!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 04:45 PM   #393
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateon View Post
On TH site you can still place orders for all their reveals dating back 1 year ago. Technically when you click the item - it will now re-direct you to SS site.
But the point is - even been exclusive to one scale these products are still not sold out (premium versions aside).

The impact of future (if not some/all past) TH products going into 1/4 scale is obvious to me.
1/6 scale was a niche - with no company championing it anymore encouraging collectors invest into original sculpts ignoring scale - I struggle to see bright future as 1/6 collector.
You say 1/6 is a niche, but look at the Bowen market (1/7 but still)...look at the excitement for Koto's new line. Iron Studios 1/10 lines. TH's own new 1/6 MOTU line. The Super Powers and 2.0 lines. There's real interest in these smaller scales. Especially now with people getting priced out and space becoming an issue for many collectors. It also doesn't sound like 1/4 versions will be more than here and there for this line...I don't see the 1/6 versions being at risk. ...now watch TH drop 1/6 altogether lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
How many times have we seen collectors say "I'll pass because this is not in 1/4 scale"? This is a win-win for both Tweeterhead and collectors. 1/6 collectors will still buy 1/6 offerings. They're not going to stop just because a statue they like is getting released in 1/4 scale too. Now, Tweeterhead will be able to move additional units of the same sculpt by catering to a market they weren't a part of. It makes perfect business sense.
Exactly...why leave that money on the table? I don't think it spells doom for 1/6, though.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:14 PM   #394
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Doing a Perez Deathstroke would be timely and a nice honor for a man who is a legend in the DC world (and Marvel).
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:36 PM   #395
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
I'm wondering if this turn of events opens the door for more obscure characters or variants?

Could having Sideshow's reach and distribution make something like the Perez Zatanna, Red Tornado, or more classic variants (like Flash) possible?
Please no, I'd like Tweeterhead 2.0 to actually survive, not make statues that will struggle to sell 100 copies.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 04:58 AM   #396
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Please no, I'd like Tweeterhead 2.0 to actually survive, not make statues that will struggle to sell 100 copies.
I would be in on Red Tornado, but I get ya. He's a Justice League member in comics as well as Young Justice.

Hope we agree on a few, I need a Hawkman, John Constantine, Shazam, Black Adam, Brainiac, Raven, More Lanterns, Martian Manhunter, and the standard list of missing Gotham characters that I am sure will be done in time.

I'm beyond amped for this announcement, I'm all in on any new character, and will try to support the line with repeats as well.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:07 AM   #397
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
With the raised visibility of Sideshow maybe it could help some characters get over that threshold?

Have to see, I think some untapped DC characters could sell over that.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:44 AM   #398
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I believe this has been mentioned but I wonder if Tweeterhead will revisit some of the statues that have been released since 2.0 began and produce 1/4th scale. I could see Superman and The Joker doing very well sales wise in that format and maybe the John Stewart statue as well.

I wonder if we will see some characters in only either 1/6th or 1/4th. Or when a statue is announced in both scales and if there is not enough orders for one of the formats if that size will be cancelled?
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:51 AM   #399
SDguy

Quote:
100% with you here.

However, why doesn't TH just test the waters, and see if collectors truly will drop the cash, and do a kickstarter/go fund me type thing for one of these "never gonna see the light of day" characters. Seems to be pretty successful for Haslab, Dynamite, etc. Though, TBF, those companies do it with really popular things, but still, may work here.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:04 AM   #400
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post

Exactly...why leave that money on the table? I don't think it spells doom for 1/6, though.
Agreed. No one with a 1/6 collection will suddenly stop buying 1/6 pieces because Tweeter is offering their statues in both 1/6 & 1/4 scale. The 1/4 pieces will be beneficial to 1/4 collectors that want to fill holes in their lineups because sideshow is so slow at releasing new DC characters in 1/4 scale. There's no downside for Tweeter of collectors with this new announcement.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote