Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-16-2018, 03:45 PM   #71
Tushar
Hellboy

The whole line is gonna take some serious commitment. I think it's better to just go for your favorite characters. I'm down for a Mystique/Nightcrawler 2-pack if they release it.

Speaking of Marvel legends, they are coming out with some really great pieces. The upcoming Apocalypse wave tempts me greatly.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:51 PM   #72
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Honestly Koto stuff always retails high however you usually can save a bit on Amazon which I do.
You never know. The only time I gambled on waiting was the Wonder Woman movie ArtFX. Bad call. It was sold out in what seemed like minutes. I only recently managed to acquire it.

So, I pre-order my must-haves from then on.

The X-Men animated line was a must-have for me yesterday. But not anymore. Not the whole line.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:56 PM   #73
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I'll wait for the Iron Studios version, if they're still doing one. It was teased at a panel for the brazilian comic con/expo last year but I haven't seen anything since. They've been quiet on the 1/10 X-Men line lately.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:16 PM   #74
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
Honestly Koto stuff always retails high however you usually can save a bit on Amazon which I do.

They always initially retail high. I think they try and get the die hards and suckers to pay a high amount up front, then see what happens. I feel like there is a lot of wiggle room in their pricing and eventually, they make out in the end. This is especially true with their Star Wars 1/10 scale pieces. Some have dropped 50% in a matter of months. I picked up the Rey/Finn two pack for $60.32 on Amazon, brand new. It originally retailed for $140. The new Bounty Hunter line will be in high demand, so I'm pre-ordering all of those.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:18 PM   #75
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
The whole line is gonna take some serious commitment. I think it's better to just go for your favorite characters. I'm down for a Mystique/Nightcrawler 2-pack if they release it.

Speaking of Marvel legends, they are coming out with some really great pieces. The upcoming Apocalypse wave tempts me greatly.
Whenever the wave goes up for pre-order, I'm just going to buy a case for $140-$150 and sell the 3 or 4 I don't want. I've been dying to get my hands on a Tiger Stripe Wolverine and Apocalypse for awhile. Also, I like the Psylocke, Gladiator and Sabertooth. It's a good wave, so it'll be worth it in the end.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:21 PM   #76
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I'll wait for the Iron Studios version, if they're still doing one. It was teased at a panel for the brazilian comic con/expo last year but I haven't seen anything since. They've been quiet on the 1/10 X-Men line lately.
I hope so too. I have the Magneto from IS and would love to pair those two. I know they're a Brazilian company, but they need to find a better way of getting info/release dates on their upcoming products out in the U.S. Their Infinity War line looks amazing. That Iron Spider looks incredible.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:39 AM   #77
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

1992 Cartoon is how i first know X-Men so these costumes are the X-Men as it should be for me, so i'm seriously thinking about getting this line.

I hope they will add Gambit, Rogue and Storm to the line.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 05:39 AM   #78
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

so jealous! These pieces are cute and all, but I really wish Koto put more focus on their DRS Line. They've been at it since 2008 I think? And already this 1:10 scale line will have more characters within the next year I bet!
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:29 PM   #79
markecho
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
1992 Cartoon is how i first know X-Men so these costumes are the X-Men as it should be for me, so i'm seriously thinking about getting this line.

I hope they will add Gambit, Rogue and Storm to the line.
I hear ya on this. Same with me..love that series. But i still wish the detail was the same level as the other ArtFx+ series.

It might not make a ton of difference, but I'd like to mix and match...ie Wolv with Spidey or Deadpool, OR have a large Marvel line up of X-Men, Defenders and Avengers. In these cases the animated style next to the more detailed, would be a little disappointing. And that is the main reason that I am still undecided.

Old 05-22-2018, 04:24 PM   #80
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

If there was anymore detail, they wouldn't be true to the cartoon. That's the whole idea, to replicate the look in the cartoon.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote