Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #21
hellboydce
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

sounds promising
hellboydce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #22
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboydce View Post
sounds promising
Only if the reality is as promising as it sounds.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #23
hellboydce

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
Only if the reality is as promising as it sounds.
hence the sounds promising.

and pretty much the only reason i hope it is, is because it would be nice to get into something at the start for once
Old 04-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #24
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

What character is next in line for the Final Fantasy Masterpiece Arts series?
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #25
Bartholomew
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Can we expect any sort of Jean Grey/Phoenix related products aside from the one coin minifigure?
Bartholomew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #26
Bowen Collector
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Will the products produced for the Hulk movie be vinyl or polystone or a mix of the two?
Bowen Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:57 PM   #27
sdbuzzcut
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Will there be another production run of the Final Fantasy Masterpiece Arts Cloud Strife statue?
sdbuzzcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:41 AM   #28
hellboydce

do they only have the rights to Batman movies or will we be seeing other statues (not PVC ones) from them?
Old 04-19-2008, 05:51 PM   #29
blue_rogue
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post

SF: Will we see classic, full-size Marvel characters coming out from your Fine Art Statue polystone line?

Koto: Of course we do! If you guys have requests of which characters you want to see made please let us know! We plan to make both the modern and classic style line up. Which do you guys like better?
I definitely prefer classic. Pre-90's characters and costumes.

Any chance you could tell us who the first character will be and when it will be released?

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of artistic style your Marvel comic character statues will have.
blue_rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:38 PM   #30
demonhunter
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
Here are some responses from Kotobukiya regarding the questions asked in this thread. Keep the questions coming and expect more to be answered in the coming weeks.

SF: Will we see classic, full-size Marvel characters coming out from your Fine Art Statue polystone line?

Koto: Of course we do! If you guys have requests of which characters you want to see made please let us know! We plan to make both the modern and classic style line up. Which do you guys like better?

demonhunter:I personally would prefer modern costume.

SF: When can we expect Marvel females to be made into the vinyl figures, statues, etc...?

Koto: I have to say, not much can be revealed at this moment, but what I can say for now is we have character designs already in progress. The line is already in our agenda. Check out our marvel flyer that we released at the New York Toy Fair. It will give you a general idea of the categories we will be working on. (this flyer appears on pg. 2 of the Kotobukiya Marvel thread – gonk) What kind of expectations do you have from Kotobukiya when making the girl line? Which characters do you want to see made? Please let us know!

demonhunter: I wish to see Jean Grey, Psylocke and Emma Frost first. I think if the style of sculpting especially the face is in a realistic style would be very appealing instead of a cartoon or anime styled face. A second choice would be for the sculpt to be based on a popular comic artist's rendition as closely as possible as featured in the character's comic. The scale I would prefer is at least 1/6 scale. The pose can be a dynamic styled action pose or a sultry sexy pin-up pose(just stand there). Like for Jean Grey, as she is an X-Man with telepathic, telekinetic powers, I think one of signature pose is whereby she uses her mind power, so maybe a pose whereby she holds her hands to her head as if she concentrating her telepathic or telekinetic powers while she levitates. I think name plates should be omitted as I think people don't quite like them. As for painting on the statue, I think if the painting had tones, blackwash to bring out the creases of the costume, hair and the character in overall would be better. Like your first Kotobukiya Batman(Jim Lee style). Lastly,I personally think a angry snarling expression whereby she frowns and shows her teeth without opening her jaws for a female isn't very appealing. Angry expression is good, but not snarling.

Thank you for the answers, Kotobukiya. I have interjected my opinions and humble suggestions to some of the questions in the quotes above. And thank you, Gonk.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote